Stomachaches after completing reintroduction phase

KatieHood

Hello,

I completed my first round of the Whole30 on May 23rd. I completed my reintroductions of legumes, non-gluten grains, dairy, and gluten grains following the exact model outline in ISWF. 

I kept a detailed log of what I ate & experiences so here is how it went in a nutshell...

Day 1: LEGUMES - peanut butter & black beans. Stomach ache that night and into day 2. 

Day 2&3: increase in acne, slept terribly on Day 3 into day 4.

Day 4: NON GLUTEN GRAINS - Popcorn as midday snack. Brown rice with dinner. No immediate effects felt. 

Day 5: stomach ache before bed, resolved by morning 

Day 6: nothing to report 

Day 7: DAIRY - milk & honey in coffee, feta cheese on kale & tomato salad, ice cream and whipped cream... no physical pain from these foods, slept fine

Day 8&9 - zit on cheek appearing

Day 10 -  oats, 2 slices good seed bread. Stomach ache before dinner time. Came on gradually through the afternoon. Two whole wheat tortillas for fajita dinner. Stomach issue subsided after dinner. 

Day 11: felt fine all day until stomachache came on during the afternoon again. Feels like a digestive issue. 

On Day 12 & 13 (June 3rd) I went waaaaay off plan (it was my husband's birthday) thinking I now knew how the different foods affected me and I had deemed this weekend worthy of any pain I may feel later. I had sugar, gluten, dairy, alcohol, non-gluten grains throughout the two days. Ever since then, I have gotten a stomachache around the same time every day (3pm) even though I have been eating only Whole30 compliant meals since June 5th. I am not constipated. 

Originally I thought it may be a prolonged digestive reaction to the amount of dairy I had eaten over those two days (of all the off-plan food groups I ate, dairy was what I consumed the most of), but I feel like surely the lactose would be out of my system by now. It is now over a week later and I'm still getting stomachaches?

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should try to get my body feeling back to normal? Or maybe an explanation of why this is happening? I didn't have any issues while doing my round of Whole30.

I've searched high and low for an answer to the issue I'm having so I'm hoping posting my own specific questions will help me find some helpful advice. Thanks for reading my very long question!

Archived