Recipe needed

Regan

• Moderators

What time are you eating breakfast before this? Because I think if you're making your meals big enough and eating sometime between 7-8, once you're fat adapted you may find that you can just wait until you're done at 2 and eat lunch. It's definitely pushing the 4-5 hours between meals thing, but many people find that, especially when they're busy working on something, they can wait when they need to. Personally, if I can, I'd rather do that than try to gulp down a lunch in bits and pieces while I work, but that's just me.

As for something you can take to eat while working -- I'd focus on things like meatballs, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, or frittatas -- all those could be eaten cold/room temperature. For vegetables, raw veggies like carrot and celery sticks, snap or snow peas, sliced jicama, cherry tomatoes would be good, or make a thermos of blended vegetable soup that you can drink. Add some olives or guacamole for fat, they should both hold up well even at room temperature. 

Thanks for the food ideas. I normally eat breakfast around 7, so I may try to push it on Thursday to see if that will work. I was concerned that I was burning to many calories for that time period, and robbing my body of needed nutrients. 

• Moderators

Definitely take some food with you so if you do need it you have something, but see how you feel. If you're pretty easily able to go 4-5 hours between meals on normal days, it may not be too big a deal to wait a little longer, and having food with you means you can eat as soon as you're done anyway, not having to wait until you get home. 

Another option would be to think of the house cleaning as a workout (because I'm sure it is), and do a pre-workout before you start, but I don't know how much difference that would really make if you've eaten breakfast an hour before you started. 

And if you do need to eat before 2 pm, that's also fine -- I don't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a nice side effect of fat adaption that you can often go longer between meals than you might realize, which can be convenient at times.

Archived