Trouble with veggies and meat in the AM

Having trouble eating meat and veggies for breakfast- so I have resorted to eating eggs- sometimes with onions and peppers-and a serving of fruit(organic and mostly berries.) But I don't see sizes or serving suggestions- eating salads or meat for breakfast, would probably make me avoid breakfast altogether. 

I also avoid fruit after 2:30. But I wonder if I should avoid fruit altogether as I am looking to loose 30 lbs- 

This would really limit my breakfasts-

A serving of eggs when they are your only source of protein in a meal would be the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand. 3-4 is usually a good starting point for most females... You don't need to avoid fruit ALTOGETHER, but the recommendation would be to limit it to 0-2 fist sized servings per day, and to eat it as part of a meal, so what you're doing is fine so long as you're getting some other veg (like the onions/peppers) and some fat along-side those eggs.

What veg have you tried? Some work better than others for breakfast in me experience....

You don't need to eat meat for breakfast if you're happy having eggs. I do a lot of green beans or asparagus for breakfast, quickly sauteed (more like slightly blistered) in a screaming hot pan. I don't know why, but I tend to like my veggies in the morning to be either soup (Mel Joulwan's cauliflower soup is probably my favorite soup in the entire world with her zucchini soup not far behind) or finger-foods. I typically put the soup in a big coffee mug and drink it.

I usually had oatmeal with protein powder- every morning- or a protein shake- garden of life protein with almond milk and frozen fruit- (I'm a teacher so these quick meals were essential- but it's summertime so I have more flexibility-

now I eat a package of tuna for lunch every day with half an avocado, sliced celery and onion and pepper apple cider vinegar WITH HPS. Lunch and dinner aren't a problem- 

Im pretty active/ but was just diagnosed with hoshimotos- and can't loose weight despite eating- clean- doing crossfit-I did eat dairy and organic maple syrup which I have deleted with whole30

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Rrinckey said:

I usually had oatmeal with protein powder- every morning- or a protein shake- garden of life protein with almond milk and frozen fruit- (I'm a teacher so these quick meals were essential- but it's summertime so I have more flexibility-

now I eat a package of tuna for lunch every day with half an avocado, sliced celery and onion and pepper apple cider vinegar WITH HPS. Lunch and dinner aren't a problem- 

Im pretty active/ but was just diagnosed with hoshimotos- and can't loose weight despite eating- clean- doing crossfit-I did eat dairy and organic maple syrup which I have deleted with whole30

What is HPS?

Archived