Low FODMAP Shopping List Help

On Day 17 here, and feeling overall pretty good about my Whole30 experience.  I've experienced very few negative side effects, except for stomach problems on the days the book warned me I should expect them.  However, I'm still experiencing sporadic symptoms all the way into day 17.  I'm wondering if I require a more low FODMAP Whole30.

I'm looking at the shopping list here https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-FODMAP.pdf as I think about our shopping and prepping for next week's meals, but I'm not sure what the different colors represent.  I know the light gray are the high FODMAP items that I should avoid.

But what is the difference between the bold black items and the blue items?

Thanks!!

Actually the low FODMAP shopping list is pretty rubbish in all honesty. It's basically the normal shopping list with items highlighted in different colours, and a lot of the items listed as 'safe' generally aren't for those who are sensitive to FODMAPs...

I'd recommend you shop  from the green section on the traffic light list about half way down >this page< (scroll down past the screen shot at the top of the page for the full list) and you won't go far wrong. This also breaks items into types of FODMAPs so you can get a better indication if maybe there's a specific group that doesn't work well for you.

Hope this helps :)

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, jmcbn said:

Actually the low FODMAP shopping list is pretty rubbish in all honesty. It's basically the normal shopping list with items highlighted in different colours, and a lot of the items listed as 'safe' generally aren't for those who are sensitive to FODMAPs...

I'd recommend you shop  from the green section on the traffic light list about half way down >this page< (scroll down past the screen shot at the top of the page for the full list) and you won't go far wrong. This also breaks items into types of FODMAPs so you can get a better indication if maybe there's a specific group that doesn't work well for you.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much, I'll look at this before we go shopping this weekend!

Archived