IBS C

EC5

Hi I'm on day 22. I have IBS mainly D and can alternate between C & D BUT... since the very start of whole30 I have completely changed BM to only going every few days and it will be hard to go and not a lot there and will sometimes just change to D halfway through.. TMI sorry.  I would have thought changing my diet to the healthiest ive been would make me more regular. I am so extremely bloated and gassy. apart from this I feel pretty right. but I am so frustrated with not going to the toilet..

I also have been taking Physillium husk powder of the night and its hardly doing anything where as previously it used to work quite well. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be happening.

• Moderators

It's hard to say without knowing what you've been eating.

In general, make sure you're eating a bunch of vegetables (the meal template says to fill your plate with them), drink lots of water (at least 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so if you weigh 120 lbs, at least 60 oz), and don't skimp on the fat. You might also look into a magnesium supplement -- I know that original, unflavored Natural Calm powder is compliant, but you can probably find other versions that are as well. Check with your doctor about this if you're not sure it's okay, and if you do take it, start with less than a full dose, as it affects some people more than others. 

i used to have the same problem, as far as the whole 30 goes I would say lots of fat and lots of vegetables. But for your actual issue I took a probiotic for like two months and I havent really had any issues since, its been like two years now. 

Archived