Start Date June 26th

Happy Oiler Lisa

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a newbie too, I plan on starting Wed June 21st, first full day of summer. I figured also starting on a Wed would give me 3 days at work; and if by chance I start feeling icky, I can sequester myself and binge on Netflx over the weekend. 

I have my first 3 day meals planned. I think wine, hummus, black beans, and Amy's vegan mac and cheeze will be tough to not eat, but I need to reset, and see which foods I really am allergic too. I gave up dairy in 2009 and that really helped w/ my sinuses, though I have some dairy now and then, but nothing like before. I had dairy with every meal, lol. Milk did not do my body good ;)

Hi guys,

I am a seasoned Whole 30 practitioner and have successful done 7 so far. Pretty much doing this all the time now. Ask me anything and I'd be glad to help if I can. I was a chef in a former life and now work in the IT field. I do miss me some sourdough bread though. Have lost a total of 28 pounds so far in the last 1.5 years. Have given up gluten full time and dairy, except for some fermented  on occasion (aged cheese and brined bolos. Looking forward to another go round if I can jump in with you.

Thanks,

Magoo

Cooked up a storm today. Chicken, GF beef rib eye, roasted cauliflower, mixed greens and cabbage. Broccoli and onion crust-less quiche, uncured pastured bacon. Steamed broccoli with EVOO added. That should get me through til Saturday shopping.

5 hours ago, Whitney M said:

I'm starting my Whole30 on June 26th as well! I did my first one last October and LOVED it! Looking forward to getting back on track, and rocking my second Whole30 :D

Welcome Whitney, it's going to go great.

Hi everyone

A buddy and I are starting on Monday too. I used to be dairy and gluten free but have slipped massively and sugar is becoming a craving I just have to stop!

I have endometriosis which is messing with my life so that's my motivation for sticking to whole 30.

Let's do this!!

Wishing you all a great weekend of prep and planning.

Becs

X

10 minutes ago, becster said:

Hi everyone

A buddy and I are starting on Monday too. I used to be dairy and gluten free but have slipped massively and sugar is becoming a craving I just have to stop!

I have endometriosis which is messing with my life so that's my motivation for sticking to whole 30.

Let's do this!!

Wishing you all a great weekend of prep and planning.

Becs

X

I was 75% raw vegan for years, but hardcore fell off the wagon...and I can totally tell the difference. Hoping this really gets me back on track with eating better.

Day 2 in the books. My brother called me this morning asking how I felt when I woke up. Had a slight headache, but don't know if it's b/c of detoxing or heat here in San Antonio. He is on day 25 and said he has never felt this good. He is a surfer and has had some joint issues and said all the pain is gone and he will probably adopt alot of the W30 aspects into his daily diet. I might follow suit, less the booze. I really wanted some beer as I did my chores last night, but no beer in the fridge, woohoo dodged that bullet.

TGIF!!!!

I'm interested in a third Whole 30. I loved the results the first time - but I fell back into bad habits. It's been 3.5 years since my second attempt and I need a full redo. Part of me wants to wait for the OCD date of July 1 to start. But my body is telling me to start as soon as possible. Monday would allow me the weekend to shop and prep for next week. 

So, I guess... count me in!

Tracy

28 minutes ago, Tracy Chauncey Johnson said:

I'm interested in a third Whole 30. I loved the results the first time - but I fell back into bad habits. It's been 3.5 years since my second attempt and I need a full redo. Part of me wants to wait for the OCD date of July 1 to start. But my body is telling me to start as soon as possible. Monday would allow me the weekend to shop and prep for next week. 

So, I guess... count me in!

Tracy

LOL at the OCD comment - I can SO relate to that thinking - but I was getting such good results from "mostly" following the guidelines I jumped in on June 9th.  It's going really well, I posted in the "Starting June 19th" thread about amazing blood pressure, triglycerides and glucose numbers I discovered this morning. @miyl444, I can second what your surfer friend experienced, I have some ankle joint pain (severe arthritis) that has been vastly improved.  

Good luck to everyone just starting - it is worth it from my perspective...

I'm in!!  I started my first Whole 30 last month and was loving it.   I lasted 5 days and it was going great, but I think I was not prepared for the inevitable temptation!  A friend came to visit and next thing I knew i was having a glass of wine, and then it was just all down hill from there.

My issues I want to explore and hopefully start to heal:  Allergies- every year they are getting worse!  My eyes are swollen and itchy always sniffing, I hate it!;  IBS- :( Enough said; mystery hives; hormonal-ish moodiness; extra weight, of course!

I am excited and nervous!  Good luck to us all!  If any of the veterans have advice, please share!!

Hi All, glad to see a bunch of people stating the 26th. My biggest piece of advise is to read the book and the associated materials. ThE "Rules" are not guidelines, or maybes or if ya wannas. This is or it isn't, there really is no in between, so if there is anyone who thinks they are not ready for this yet, then your probably right. Sorry but that's the truth not a judgment in any way. I would also like to add that you are in control at all times. NO ONE is going to force you to put anything in your maw, you have to do that yourself. This is about controlling what those things are. Get rid of the dis-, un-, not- allowed now and hopefully not down your gullet. It is NOT HARD, to be able to eat meat, veg, little fruit, and all kinds of lovely fat, fat, fat. If you think that a bagel or a muffin or a bowl of cereal with marshmallows is what you need then go ahead, your in control, it's your body Damn it!  But you are not doing a Whole 30. First slip, pick a new start date, simple. It's as easy as that. Being in war is hard, true starvation is hard, childbirth is hard, but this is not hard. It's 30 days that you have to not treat as deprivation, because it's not. If you follow it, you will be opening a door to to a new way of life, not just eating.

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

CookyMagoo

"With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage."   Hippocrates

When in doubt eat GF steak and some greens and you can never go wrong.

Cravings pass, water is forever, DRINK IT. If you need flavor, your not drinking it fast enough.

There is no problem that pastured bacon and eggs can't solve, especially if you cook the eggs in the bacon fat.

Your fat aversion is your problem, get over it and you will live a real life.

"With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage."   Hippocrates

2 hours ago, tinman57 said:

I'm starting tomorrow the 24th.  I'll hang out here if you don't mind.  Today and this week I had eaten whole grains and dairy. No wonder my gut is killing me today.

Welcome Tinman. I'm binging this week also. I decided to have something frowned upon by paleo and Whole 30 affectionados, but I love cured meats. Sugar free of course. Pastrami, sausage, cored beef, beef bacon and sujuk (dry cured lamb sausage from Turkey). Balanced out with lots of cabbage and kale and collard greens. The beef bacon fat is fantastic for cooking your veg. No gut pain. Yum

On 6/22/2017 at 9:30 PM, CookyMagoo said:

Cooked up a storm today. Chicken, GF beef rib eye, roasted cauliflower, mixed greens and cabbage. Broccoli and onion crust-less quiche, uncured pastured bacon. Steamed broccoli with EVOO added. That should get me through til Saturday shopping.

Menu's sound good. Curious about the crust-less quiche with no dairy.

16 minutes ago, jenjustla said:

Menu's sound good. Curious about the crust-less quiche with no dairy.

Emulsified Almond milk and full fat organic coconut milk. Whips up like cream in 1 minute with the immersion blender. Awesome texture when baked. Ghee smeer and coconut or almond flour on the scuffle crock.for a no stick.

Joining in as a newbie!  Started yesterday, woke up with a headache today and feeling dehydrated.  Not sure there's a connection, but getting in touch with body is the goal, so maybe I'm just more aware/a little anxious of how I'm feeling.  looking forward to learning from all of you!

I planned on starting on July 3rd, but will hop on this train if that is okay. My first W30 was back in 2013, I started the end of May and kept at it thru Thanksgiving of that year. Why I stopped following W30 is still a mystery, that was the best I had felt in a long time, not to mention I had lost about 20 pounds.  I have started Whole 30 a couple times since and completed them, but the first one in 2013 was the best and I am hoping this go around I will continue past the 30 days or at least be 80/20.  My husband and I subscribe to Blue Apron, so a lot of my dinner meals will be planned, I will just have to tweak them a tad to be W30 compliant.

Starting on June 26th also. I have planned my first few meals and will do grocery shopping and prep tomorrow. I have tried the whole30 before without success and am really hoping this time will be different. 

Any tips would be appreciated. I have struggled with disordered eating and am really hoping this will take the stress out of eating and allow me to achieve some food freedom. 

Day 4 in the books. I'm a lil congested today, but doing alright. Made the chicken hash for dinner this evening. I substituted cayenne pepper for the red pepper flakes and a gala apple instead of a Granny Smith apple. IT...WAS...DELICIOUS...tomorrow breakfast will be the other half.

My friends know the timeline, so when I bowed out of going to a pool party b/c I didn't want the temptation on day 4...a few thought it was because 'I hate all the things'...::snicker:: instead  took a nap and caught up on some Netflix shows.

Everyone that is starting on Monday, hope the prepping and planning is going well :)

Archived