Confused about olive oils

Denalifire

Hi!  I'm new to W30, just finished my first week.  I've tried to find an answer, but the more I've read on some of these threads, the more confused I've become.  I just finished some EVOO I had in the cabinet; I bought regular olive oil thinking it would be fine.  However, when I got home, I realized that regular OO wasn't on the list.  ??  What I bought from Aldi says it is for grilling, sautéing & marinades.  Ingredients listed are refined olive oil & EVOO.  Insight, please!  Thanks much. 

• Moderators

Sorry, insight into? Any type of olive oil is fine for your Whole30.  Spend some time on google and you can see which olive oils are better/worse for cooking, drizzling, making mayo etc... but in the end, if it's olive oil, it's a-ok.

ok.  well, i was confused, because on the shopping list of approved, it had EVOO & Light Olive Oil, but not regular Olive Oil.  and then when i was reading different threads, i was confused because some were stating conflicting info about how the different types of OO were used ... so the more i read, the more confused i got.  lol  ... finally decided to just ask & get to the bottom of it.  i could spend hours googling/reading.  don't have time for that ... i have food to prep!! :D  thanks, sugarcubeOD, for your reply!  i appreciate very much! :lol:

Archived