Starting Friday, June 23rd!

Hi there! I just got back from a three week vacation and I've gained 10 pounds from all the eating! I'm approaching my 30s and fear I have to change my cavalier attitude to food consumption if I'm to stay in shape. I'm almost 6 ft tall with somewhat ample hips and a fair amount of muscle mass and I weigh more than the average woman, but my body feels totally foreign to me now. I'm going to be a bridesmaid for one of my best friends in early August, and I'd like to feel fit and healthy again. I've also suffered from IBS for as long as I can remember, but I've lacked the discipline to do anything about it -- hoping these dietary changes will help. I'm highly susceptible to swelling as well, so maybe this will improve my water retention. I've never done a Whole30 before, so wish me luck! I'm starting in a couple of days so I can mentally prepare. The poor quality photo attached can serve as my "before" picture (PS: that's not my messy room behind me, haha). Hellos, feedback, and encouragement are welcome :)

IMG_1235.JPG

Hello!  I am new to all of this too... Started a whole 30 last month and did great for the first five days, no problems.  Then I just fell off.  Someone came to visit decided to have a glass of wine and that just led to full blown going off the wagon.  The crazy thing is how quickly i felt like it was helping my stomach issues (IBS as long as i can remember too!!) and I was sleeping better too... So I think i was just feeling so good and not tempted, that I was not prepared to resist temptation!  This time i will be prepared!  Mentally :)  And I didn't really talk to much about it with the people around me.  This time I am going specifically request their support and ask that they don't offer me anything and that they are encouraging!

So did you start today??  Goodluck!  What are your plans... are you meal prepping?  I am starting Monday and will prepare this weekend.  

Hey there! Thanks for the comment! How's it going? I had to postpone my Whole30 to finish a round of antibiotics containing lactose and am ready to start this Wednesday! My boyfriend just started today, so it'll be nice to have a buddy. 

Good luck with your Whole30! I can't wait to start. I'm going to begin with roasting a chicken and making compliant pesto/salsa/mayo to add to certain dishes, then eventually make a stock from the chicken bones and go from there. My main challenge will be lunchtime... I work for a specialty coffee roastery and cafe, and there are endless baked goods available for lunch and snacking... I think nuts and black coffee may be my anti-craving go-tos on the job, but we'll see how it goes!

Oh man the baked goods would be hard for me!  I cooked and prepped all day yesterday... I feel prepared today but also trying to stay mellow about it and not burn myself out!

That is awesome your boyfriend is doing it!  I wish my husband would... he eats pretty healthy though and if he did it I would probable have to do all the prep anyway!  ha ha  maybe I am not ready for that much work! 

Good luck prepping for Wednesday!

Archived