Veggies while camping?

ronwina

Hi all, I'm heading out on a planned camping trip next weekend. I won't be on an official round, and in fact, will have finished reintro(s) the day before I leave.  

Dinners are a fun, social event -- usually at a restaurant -- where I may/may not feel compelled to eat/drink off plan.

For breakfast and lunch, however, I'll follow W30. The environment can be VERY hot and in the sun most of the day, so I am thankful for access to a fridge -- but no means for cooking or heating anything.

At this point, I feel prepared on protein and fat items to pack, but I'm curious how to fill my plate with (cold) veggies besides carrots, cucumbers and lettuce. I've just remembered the yummy Belly Dance Beet Salad and will bring that along...any other ideas?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ronwina said:

Hi all, I'm heading out on a planned camping trip next weekend. I won't be on an official round, and in fact, will have finished reintro(s) the day before I leave.  

Dinners are a fun, social event -- usually at a restaurant -- where I may/may not feel compelled to eat/drink off plan.

For breakfast and lunch, however, I'll follow W30. The environment can be VERY hot and in the sun most of the day, so I am thankful for access to a fridge -- but no means for cooking or heating anything.

At this point, I feel prepared on protein and fat items to pack, but I'm curious how to fill my plate with (cold) veggies besides carrots, cucumbers and lettuce. I've just remembered the yummy Belly Dance Beet Salad and will bring that along...any other ideas?

coleslaw, potato salad, preroasted veggies (I assume since you can't cook, that you're bringing precooked protein?), regular salad (if you have a fridge, this should not be a problem).  Anything you can cook ahead of time and then eat cold... presteamed green beans, peppers, greek salad (with or without the cheese depending on your reintros).

Archived