Conquered the pizza truck!

Mandy917

Today is day 19 of my first Whole30 journey.  The office hired a pizza truck to come park outside (by the picnic tables where we eat lunch) and cook pizza for everyone.  (With ice cream with m&ms, sprinkles and whatever else for dessert). I brought my salad, with steak and onions on top, with lemon juice and avocado oil for dressing and enjoyed it while everyone ate pizza.  But wait...because that's not all! 

For the the first time in my life, I didn't feel deprived.  I didn't feel like I was missing out, or like I so desperately wanted the pizza.  I didn't feel bad for myself, in fact, I felt happy that at 3:00 I wouldn't be falling asleep at my desk and that I wouldn't have a stomach ache after eating.  

I, as most people here, have always had a horrible relationship with food and yo-yo diets.  I know I am not finished with my Whole30 yet, but I am so happy to already know and have established better habits and a better relationship with food.  The Whole30 is the greatest thing I've ever done for myself!  I can't wait to see what days 30 and 31 have in store!! 

Archived