Can I have Earth Balance Orgimal butter spread

excellence111

• Moderators

Soybeans are legumes, and are not allowed in any form.

Also, this kind of stuff goes against the spirit of the program. Use olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, clarified butter, or high quality animal fats like lard, tallow, or duck fat instead.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, excellence111 said:

I check the list of acceptable items but wasn't sure about the soybean. I'm new at this Please advise.

Thank you!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You may want to take another look through the rules (linked in my signature below).  Soy is one of the five things that are specifically called out as no for the program so the fact that you're asking about a soy spread tells me that perhaps you're not familiar enough with the rules.

For your reference and anyone else that reads this, it also has pea protein in it which is a legume and not allowed.

8 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Soybeans are legumes, and are not allowed in any form.

Also, this kind of stuff goes against the spirit of the program. Use olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, clarified butter, or high quality animal fats like lard, tallow, or duck fat instead.

Thanks ShannonM816! I'm still getting the hang of all this and wanted to make sure

I also wouldn't think you'd have much use for a "spread" on this program, since you're not going to be putting it on bread or toast. Something like this wouldn't be acceptable to cook with either; I'd choose olive oil or ghee for that. And if you want something tasty to melt over your veggies, ghee is wonderful for that too.

Stephanie

Archived