Netflix - What the Health

So has anyone seen the Netflix documentary What the Health, Its mostly about how bad meat and eggs is for you. I'm freaking out and trying not to fall into the hype but I look up everything they mention and they're not wrong. Has anyone else seen it? Any thoughts?

• Moderators
7 hours ago, acarte17 said:

So has anyone seen the Netflix documentary What the Health, Its mostly about how bad meat and eggs is for you. I'm freaking out and trying not to fall into the hype but I look up everything they mention and they're not wrong. Has anyone else seen it? Any thoughts?

Have you read It Starts with Food?  It's the science behind the Whole30.  You can also read 'Eat the Yolks' by Liz Wolfe.  Unfortunately, with food science there are as many studies and opinions/schools of thought as there are foods out there.  It IS hype tho... no question about and yes, I watched part of it but it was so ridiculous I had to turn it off.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, acarte17 said:

I just started watching this documentary today and had to turn it off.  Unlike the  "What's with Wheat" Doc, I found this Doc alarmist and kind of terrifying if you haven't been vegan your entire life.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, acarte17 said:

https://robbwolf.com/2017/07/03/what-the-health-a-wolfs-eye-review/

• 1 month later...

So I'm halfway through my first Whole 30 and I was turned on to a food documentary called "What the health." It talks about the dangers of animal protein (meats and eggs) and dairy. It was very informative and convincing. Has me second guessing everything I was and am being taught in society about food and diet. Want to know others thoughts and opinions if they saw the documentary and encourage others to check it out. Being informed is important. Please give me some feedback!!! :o/

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Scolid said:

So I'm halfway through my first Whole 30 and I was turned on to a food documentary called "What the health." It talks about the dangers of animal protein (meats and eggs) and dairy. It was very informative and convincing. Has me second guessing everything I was and am being taught in society about food and diet. Want to know others thoughts and opinions if they saw the documentary and encourage others to check it out. Being informed is important. Please give me some feedback!!! :o/

This is Melissa's thougths on the documentary

https://www.facebook.com/notes/whole30/melissa-hartwigs-response-to-what-the-health/1446976308712616/

Here's Robb Wolf's take on it

https://robbwolf.com/2017/07/03/what-the-health-a-wolfs-eye-review/

I've merged your topic with another topic on the same subject.  You can find discussions about most things on the forum by googling 'Whole30 forum + your topic'

I am not sure if I am posting in this in the right place but I was recently watching a documentary on Netflix called "what the health" and they claim that meat consumption causes diabetes and not sugar consumption. I am a big supporter of the type of intellectual rigor that has gone into the creation of the whole 30 and I am extremely surprised by this claim. Can anyone debunk their theory and explain why someone would create documentaries with such (presumedly ill-founded) claims?

• Moderators

This documentary was discussed previously here:  

there are links there to a couple of responses to the movie, one from Melissa Hartwig and one from Robb Wolfe. 

As for why someone would do this, people sometimes have a very strongly held belief and will do anything to sway others to that belief. It's been happening forever, and will probably continue to happen as long as human beings are on this earth. 

Archived