Been trying for a month.. trying again June 26

Schlossing

Hello all. I officially 'started' the Whole 30 on June 1. I made it a few days totally compliant and then I would make an exception.. ranch dressing at the restaurant and a tiny bite of a cookie at my son's party. Then I had a breakdown day and started up again. So, basically, for the last couple weeks I have been doing a kind of whole 30 and it just sucks. I am starting again today, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for totally sticking with it. I had a baby in October and still have about 15 lbs of baby weight that I can't seem to lose plus some mental health things I am hoping will clear up when I improve my relationship with food.  I had to give up dairy to breastfeed my son when he was allergic so that hasn't been as difficult, but sugar is killing me. I am not huge into meat (or cooking) so when I started I was basically just eating nuts and fruit which I know is not the Whole 30. I am determined to really do it this time (starting today) and would appreciate any advice people may have for sticking with it, getting used to meat or not going crazy on fruit. Thanks so much! -Whitney 

Hi! I'm starting my third whole30 today (whole60 actually!) 

My advice may not be great - it is basically that you have to be scrupulous with what goes in your mouth.  No slips...just for 30 days! The sugar is the hardest part because it has such a chemical hold on you! For me, once I get to 14-20 days, there are no more sugar cravings.  It is the most liberating and amazing feeling I've ever felt in my life.  To look at cake or donuts and be perfectly fine without eating them! 

I cooked up some sweet potatoes that are sitting in my fridge to help me get through this first week when the sugar is leaving my system. The part of the program that is important is awareness - can't just blindly binge eat sweet potatoes and apples cause I can't eat chocolate...so, I also try to stick to three meals per day that follow the meal plan Whole30 provides.   Making sure each meal leads you to your next (little-to-no snacking) is important and will help to regulate the sugar cravings too.  

Keeping a food log here helps me.  Getting meal ideas from other people's food logs is helpful too!

Making an instagram account where I can post what I'm eating and tag #whole30 helps too! Joining the community gives a good amount of support! 

You can do it!

Hey Whitney!

You can do this!  I like what Melissa says in this article below about just taking it meal by meal.  I know for me if I think of the entire 30 days it seems quite overwhelming, but I DO know that I can eat my next meal whole30 and then the one after that and the one after that and so on.   You got this!!

https://whole30.com/2014/03/dear-melissa-whole30-road/

Archived