intolerance testing!

I have just got back my results for an intolerance test. according to them i am severely intolerant to Eggs ie 100% - i have never had a reation to Eggs what so ever in fact i have eggs almost every day with no reaction at all. - it also says 95% to Lamb again i have never had a reation to Lamb ever! 97% intolerant to Chocolate!! again never had a reaction to it other than wanting more of it. Tea 86% - i have drunk 15 cups in one day and had no reactions at all.

ok Capsicium 99%, Coffee 91%, and wheat 90% i have always wondered about as i have had slight reactions to all (coffee i cant stand even the smell of)

Non food items - Dogs 86% - again i had never reacted in any way to my dog - my cats yes and they arent even listed.

Have i just wasted my money - i think quite possibly so.

• Moderators

14 hours ago, Emma/Baileys said:

I have just got back my results for an intolerance test. according to them i am severely intolerant to Eggs ie 100% - i have never had a reation to Eggs what so ever in fact i have eggs almost every day with no reaction at all. - it also says 95% to Lamb again i have never had a reation to Lamb ever! 97% intolerant to Chocolate!! again never had a reaction to it other than wanting more of it. Tea 86% - i have drunk 15 cups in one day and had no reactions at all.

ok Capsicium 99%, Coffee 91%, and wheat 90% i have always wondered about as i have had slight reactions to all (coffee i cant stand even the smell of)

Non food items - Dogs 86% - again i had never reacted in any way to my dog - my cats yes and they arent even listed.

Wow, that's interesting.  I will say that it's possible that some of the things they're saying you're intolerant to could be true, however you're not having a noticable reaction... this can be in part to your gut doing its best to control the absorbption of the inflammatory foods by creating a thick mucosal lining... often people come here and do the Whole30 and then ask why they 'used' to be able to 'eat dairy with no reaction' and now they can't and the reason for that is that the protective barrier has sluffed away being no longer needed in the 30 days... 

Are you doing a Whole30?  If so, do make sure you plan for reintros and do them as prescribed so that you can see for yourself what seems to bother you but bearing in mind often your body can have an inflammatory response that you dont notice, so while you may not experience a reaction to eggs, you may want to consider limiting them so you don't hit that point that you can't eat them at all... 

5 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Wow, that's interesting.  I will say that it's possible that some of the things they're saying you're intolerant to could be true, however you're not having a noticable reaction... this can be in part to your gut doing its best to control the absorbption of the inflammatory foods by creating a thick mucosal lining... often people come here and do the Whole30 and then ask why they 'used' to be able to 'eat dairy with no reaction' and now they can't and the reason for that is that the protective barrier has sluffed away being no longer needed in the 30 days... 

Are you doing a Whole30?  If so, do make sure you plan for reintros and do them as prescribed so that you can see for yourself what seems to bother you but bearing in mind often your body can have an inflammatory response that you dont notice, so while you may not experience a reaction to eggs, you may want to consider limiting them so you don't hit that point that you can't eat them at all... 

SUgarcubeOD. yes i am doing the whole30 - day 6 today, had a kill everything day so its all going to plan! LOL!!

Ii am thinking about the nightshades it says i'm intolerant to, do you think they might cause sinus type problems as i have had them forever! i sincerely hope not as tomatoes are a mainstay of my diet i LOVE them. i suppose i will have to do a week or more without them :-( and see if it clears up. i usually put it down to dehyradtion as that can and does give me a bad case.

9 hours ago, Wolffcake said:

What did they do during your intolerance testing? I'm going through narrowing my allergen/intolerances down so I'm curious! 

Wolfcake, i used a company called Test your intolerance.com in Derby UK

they used hair strands and i chose to test 300 food 300 non food. they have various other options

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Emma/Baileys said:

SUgarcubeOD. yes i am doing the whole30 - day 6 today, had a kill everything day so its all going to plan! LOL!!

Ii am thinking about the nightshades it says i'm intolerant to, do you think they might cause sinus type problems as i have had them forever! i sincerely hope not as tomatoes are a mainstay of my diet i LOVE them. i suppose i will have to do a week or more without them :-( and see if it clears up. i usually put it down to dehyradtion as that can and does give me a bad case.

Ya, you've got it... the only way to know for sure is to remove them... but IF they are to blame, then it might take longer than a week to see results... our recommendation would be to do the full W30 as written first, do reintros and if you need to do further testing, then do another one that's specific like the AIP, low FODMAP, low histamine etc... You may find that your symptoms clear up from just removing the inflammation in your body.

I would also suggest that if you want allergy testing, you go to a doctor and do the skin test... the hair thing sounds a bit like a money grab... sorry to say... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 5:17 AM, Emma/Baileys said:

I had an intolerance test done in 2010.  The results were listed in the form of Severe, Moderate, Mild and No intolerance.  I have to stress that this is Not an allergy test.  Mine showed that I had no "intolerance" to Mussels, but each time I ate them I became progressively more violently ill (I love mussels cooked in a wine and butter sauce so it took me a while to put 2 and 2 together).  Trust me, there is a difference between allergy and intolerance.

My #1 "severe" intolerance was chicken. (SAY WHAT?) I didn't have any physical reactions to the chicken I was eating 50 different ways but I stopped eating it for 6 months anyway.  Didn't even use anything with chicken broth.  When I added chicken back to my menu I could really tell the difference.  I was sick to my stomach whenever I ate it, whether it was baked, broiled or fried.

Chicken broth and eggs fortunately don't cause me any distress.

2 hours ago, pearlgirl2017 said:

I had an intolerance test done in 2010.  The results were listed in the form of Severe, Moderate, Mild and No intolerance.  I have to stress that this is Not an allergy test.  Mine showed that I had no "intolerance" to Mussels, but each time I ate them I became progressively more violently ill (I love mussels cooked in a wine and butter sauce so it took me a while to put 2 and 2 together).  Trust me, there is a difference between allergy and intolerance.

My #1 "severe" intolerance was chicken. (SAY WHAT?) I didn't have any physical reactions to the chicken I was eating 50 different ways but I stopped eating it for 6 months anyway.  Didn't even use anything with chicken broth.  When I added chicken back to my menu I could really tell the difference.  I was sick to my stomach whenever I ate it, whether it was baked, broiled or fried.

Chicken broth and eggs fortunately don't cause me any distress.

I am planning to try a time period without the things they say im intolerant to (except the dog!) like tomatoes and potatoes to see if it makes a difference but onky ince i have finished the 30 days and the re-introduction bit too. 

Archived