Fast Track Reintroduction Confused!

Hi - I am on day 32 of my Whole30 and feeling great (decided to hang on through the end of the week!).  I'm planning to start the Fast Track Reintroduction but am a bit confused about the appropriate schedule.  I have the Whole30 book, which has you starting with legumes, then non-gluten grains, then dairy, then gluten containing grains, however, I also subscribed to the Whole30 Daily newsletter which has the order going first dairy, then gluten grains, non-gluten grains, then legumes.  I'm surprised to see two completely opposite schedules and now I'm not sure which is best. My Gut (ha) is telling me to follow the book b/c in it they talk about starting with the group least likely to disrupt the system, working up to the most likely to disrupt. 

Any thoughts on the best "order of operations?"  I want to do the right thing after all the hard work I've put in the past 30+ days. 

>Christina 

• Moderators

The order doesn't really matter too much, as long as you follow the basic procedure. It makes sense to go from least likely to cause a reaction to most likely, but if you were going to be going out on your first reintro day and the easiest thing to get at that restaurant was something with corn or quinoa, you might opt to do non-gluten grains first, just because that was easiest. 

• 1 month later...

I'm Day 27 and feel like I've reached several non-scale victories no matter what the scale shows on Day 31.  I was late to realize about the re-introduction that is recommended and even though it makes complete and perfect sense (and I plan to do it) I have to admit that I'm a little bummed that in celebration of completing the Whole30 I get to eat peanut butter on Day 31.  I don't mean that to sound snide.  I get that improved health is way more important.  But the food monster I've fought against and beaten for almost 30 days now is disappointed..

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, RB1 said:

I have to admit that I'm a little bummed that in celebration of completing the Whole30 I get to eat peanut butter on Day 31.  

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your sentiment? You don't want to do reintroductions? Or you'd rather eat a cupcake as your "celebration"? Help clarify and maybe we can talk through it?

Oh I'm sorry if I'm rambling!  Thank you for trying to help me:). I  guess it's that the 2 year old in me feels she deserves a snowcone on Day 31 because she made it the Whole 30 days.  I get why that would not be the right way to go about things and I won't do it, but I guess after a lifetime of celebrating things with sweet treats my brain is still hard wired for it.    

Don't do it, RB1! I finished my Whole30 on August 3rd with the intention of continuing for a few more weeks. Then I got the bright idea on August 4th that I should reward myself with some french fries because I earned them for being so good. That led me to having a candy bar the next day, which led to potato chips, then more fries, etc. I haven't added anything back into my diet other than those three things but I have been fighting to regain control for the past two weeks. I started my second Whole30 today so that I can properly reintroduce food and learn to maintain control. 

Stay strong and learn from my mistake! :) 

6 minutes ago, scoakley13 said:

Don't do it, RB1! I finished my Whole30 on August 3rd with the intention of continuing for a few more weeks. Then I got the bright idea on August 4th that I should reward myself with some french fries because I earned them for being so good. That led me to having a candy bar the next day, which led to potato chips, then more fries, etc. I haven't added anything back into my diet other than those three things but I have been fighting to regain control for the past two weeks. I started my second Whole30 today so that I can properly reintroduce food and learn to maintain control. 

Stay strong and learn from my mistake! :) 

Wow!  Thanks for the guidance!  I wish you the best!

Archived