One zip of alcohol

HI, IM ON MY SECOND DAY... HAVE I MESSED UP ALREADY?

WELL IVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM BUT TODAY A FRIEND BOUGHT ME A BEER ,,... I OPENED IT AND PRETEND I WAS DRINKING IT, IT WAS A FRIEND I HAVENT SEEN IN A WHILE.. BUT SUDDENLY WHILE "ACTING" LIKE I WAS DRINKING IT ACCIDENTALLY HAD ONE ZIP.. I PLANNED TO THROW IT BACK IN THE BEER CAN BUT SHE WAS WATCHING SO I SWALLOWED IT :S I JUST DIDNT WANT TO HURT HER FEELING BY NOT DRINKING THE BEER.. EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL THAT ZIP... WHICH WAS THE ONLY ONE CAUSE THEN I PUT THE BEER IN MY HANDBAG AND TOLD HER I WAS DONE WITH IT...BUT DAMN.. THAT ZIP... DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO START ALL OVER.. I MEAN.. I WAS DOING SO WELL.. AND ACTUALLY THE ZIP MADE MY STOMACH FEEL LIKE CRAP... :S SOMEBODY HELP!

• Moderators

Well I think the fact that it made you feel physically like crap kinda tells you that you should start over.  Here's the thing tho, you're not starting over for us... it's your commitment to your program and your own better health, so if I was you, i would absolutely start over because I was doing the program for me.  I would also take some time to figure out why my friend's potentially hurt feelings over a $3 can of beer would be more important than my own feelings and commitment to my health.  If your friend is your friend, then they should, in reality, support you... fake drinking a beer so that someone doesn't get their feelings hurt is something to examine for sure... so yes, I would say start over.

The official answer is, read the article in my signature below called 'do i have to start over' and decide for yourself but do understand that your decision is one that affects you... so really give consideration to why you're doing this program.

Archived