Sign in to follow this  
chicklet65

Crockpot Freezer meals make it easier to follow Whole30 than to NOT follow it!

Tomorrow is my final day of my first ever Whole30 journey!  Because I have lacked commitment to diets in the past I decided that I needed to really plan things out to make it work for me.  I looked at all the local sales and found great deals on meats, fish and shrimp at buy one get one free.  I found sales and built a meal plan around what was on sale.  Then I spent one day shopping and measuring out meals into big freezer bags.  I packed 18 meals the first time and 10 the second time.  I tried to prepare enough so that I would be able to save leftovers for lunch the next day too.  This made it far more convenient and easy for me to stick to the plan than to go off it.  

Does anyone else use this method of preparing meals to save time, money and avoid temptation?

wow 18 meals in one sitting. was that like 2 or 3 of each meal or 18 times one types?

can you give ideas on what ones you did. i try to meal prep on a Sunday but usually run out of steam at about 2pm.

On 05/07/2017 at 11:37 PM, chicklet65 said:

Tomorrow is my final day of my first ever Whole30 journey!  Because I have lacked commitment to diets in the past I decided that I needed to really plan things out to make it work for me.  I looked at all the local sales and found great deals on meats, fish and shrimp at buy one get one free.  I found sales and built a meal plan around what was on sale.  Then I spent one day shopping and measuring out meals into big freezer bags.  I packed 18 meals the first time and 10 the second time.  I tried to prepare enough so that I would be able to save leftovers for lunch the next day too.  This made it far more convenient and easy for me to stick to the plan than to go off it.  

Does anyone else use this method of preparing meals to save time, money and avoid temptation?

I started my 3rd Whole30 today.  Making a big batch of slow cooker balsamic chicken.  Tomorrow is chili (with roasted acorn squash).  Making larger amounts definitely works for us - cook once, eat twice (or several!) times!!!