Today is Day 30, tomorrow reintroduction? Questions!

Fishmama

HI!  Today isducy Day 30.  Although I guess officially I should have started over on Day 24, because I found out on Day 27 that I had eaten dried fruit with SUGAR IN IT!  Ugh!  I thought the dried mangoes were just mangoes on Day 24.   I was wondering why I was having digestion issues for the last few days.

I have a DUMB question.  As far as reintroduction, I'm assuming you introduce one food group and then see how you feel?  Then do you go back to Whole30 compliance before introducing the next food?  I am assuming if you introduce legumes first (I don't drink alcohol at all so not introducing that), I would eat them on Day 31 or 32, then go back to Whole20 on Day 33, 34, 35?  Then try corn?

Ugh, so confused.  Please help!

Best

Fishmama

Hey Fishmama. I'm on Day 30 today too. Yay us! :D

Yes, you are correct about reintroduction. You reintroduce a single food group for one day, then go back to regular Whole30 for the next couple of days (or longer, if you experience issues with the reintroduced food - you want to wait until those pass before you try another one). When you're comfortable with that group, and/or the issues you experienced with that reintroduction are gone, then you move on to the next thing you want to reintro.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your reintro!!

Michelle

ETA: At least, that's my understanding based on obsessively reading the Whole30 books, website and this forum over the past month. :) If more experienced folks see any flaws in my response, please let us know!

I am just finishing up my reintroductions.  Yes, you reintroduce ONE THING for a day, then go completely compliant again for two days or more, then you reintroduce a second thing for a day (but you still can't eat the first thing you reintroduced), then go completely compliant again for two days or more, etc. etc. etc.  The book does have a recommended order to follow, starting with the least inflammatory items (legumes, followed by non-gluten grains, then dairy, then gluten grains), but you don't have to do it in this order.  I did dairy first, then non-gluten grains, then gluten grains, and I still have to do legumes last.  Good luck!  Congrats on finishing Whole30!

Archived