Bathroom issues

We are on day 12, and I'm still having very loose stool in the mornings. I thought with all of the fibrous fruits and veggies we've been eating, my GI issues (from before Whole 30) would have started to improve. I'm worried that I'm sensitive to something I'm still eating, and I'm not sure how to isolate it! I've read where high fat content or accelerating fiber too fast can both lead to loose stool. Any suggestions?? I thought it was my coffee, but this morning it happened even before the coffee. I am getting food allergy tested on Thursday, so maybe that will reveal a hidden culprit.

On July 16, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Bluebonnet1 said:

We are on day 12, and I'm still having very loose stool in the mornings. I thought with all of the fibrous fruits and veggies we've been eating, my GI issues (from before Whole 30) would have started to improve. I'm worried that I'm sensitive to something I'm still eating, and I'm not sure how to isolate it! I've read where high fat content or accelerating fiber too fast can both lead to loose stool. Any suggestions?? I thought it was my coffee, but this morning it happened even before the coffee. I am getting food allergy tested on Thursday, so maybe that will reveal a hidden culprit.

I have the exact same problem ...I could have written this post. I hope the allergy testing helps isolate something for you; I was tested several months ago and had no "hits." I'm interested to hear if anyone else has suggestions for you (and me). Good luck!

@SoccerLover, no to the magnesium. Unfortunately I think it's somehow food related...

@Reddoerr, I've cut out avocados for two days and slowed down on nuts. It was better this morning, but I'm still curious about the test too. I'm going to be sad if I can't eat avocados. They occasionally make my lips swell, so there may be something to it...

@Bluebonnet1 I thought for sure I'd come up w/ egg allergy but that was fine. What the allergist did say is that she was testing for allergies (duh) and that I could have digestive sensitivity to foods. Sensitivity can't be tested for - it's more a trial and error thing. She recommended keeping a food and bathroom journal to track if things lined up in any sort of fashion. A true food allergy will cause hives, breathing issues, lip swelling, etc.

I also having loose stool in the morning, this is my whole30 second attempt, on the first attempt I gave up on the 22nd for that reason, I would like some help, I feel great doing the whole30 but that problem bother my a lot. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, CynthiaL said:

I also having loose stool in the morning, this is my whole30 second attempt, on the first attempt I gave up on the 22nd for that reason, I would like some help, I feel great doing the whole30 but that problem bother my a lot. 

You would need to give us a lot of detail of what you've been eating for us to help... portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein... if it's food related then we'd need to know what food you're eating... if it's medical, then we can't provide input as we're not medical professionals.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You would need to give us a lot of detail of what you've been eating for us to help... portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein... if it's food related then we'd need to know what food you're eating... if it's medical, then we can't provide input as we're not medical professionals.

Usually for breakfast I take 2 or 3 eggs with veggies (tomatoes, onions, spinach) and 1/2 avocado, I used coconut oil. Some time I take a snack, could be RXbar or apple with almond butter. For lunch, 1 protein (white fish or Salmon, chicken or turkey) I cook with ghee, and sweet potatoes or calabaza, and salad ( lettuces, cucumber, olives, kale, with olive oil and apple vinager). For dinner almost the same lunch without the sweet potatoes broccoli instead.

• Moderators

I don't see anything that stands out as something to cause loose stools... 

One thing unrelated to your post but nonetheless, RX bars are for emergencies only; planned snacking between meals not being an emergency and we recommend not eating fruit and nuts/nut butters on their own.  If you're hungry between meals, protein and fat (hardboiled egg would work).

Archived