August 7th Start Date

MarieC1978

So, I started a W30 on June 26th only to be sabotaged by my husband's water that had a Nuun tablet in it this past Saturday (my fault, not his).  One sip that killed my first W30 at day 20.  Mad at myself for not being more careful, but I'm going into this next one with a militant attitude towards food and drink.  I had zero cravings and was even starting to enjoy my coffee black, so I thought I was in the home stretch.  Going to start over again after vacation on August 7th.  I hope others are going to join me here so we can help each other out.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2017 at 9:47 AM, rileyspeep said:

That sounds frustrating for sure! That is one thing I am concerned about...consuming something that I wasn't aware of.  Sounds like a good idea to wait until after your vacation to start again.  Enjoy.

I was planning to do a W30 before vacation and then again after vacation (with a fast track on the reintroduction right before vacation and a slow one after my second W30).  I figured doing it that way would be really telling, but whatever.  I have had a few things off plan since my slip and I am sure to have some things off plan while on vacation (rice, Nuun drinks, etc.) and I was fine.  My W30 after vacation will be followed by a slow reintroduction after.  I gotta say I am pretty happy with the way things are going.  I didn't get to the Tiger Blood stage, but I feel like I was close.  I'm feeling pretty good with how things went and I am super optimistic about where they are going.

My husband is doing this all with me so I have lots of support.  He actually said he wants to live W30 most of the time since he feels great!  He admits he will have his cheats after the completed W30 with reintroduction, but he feels he can control himself and not go on binges.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Super excited! (And honestly super scared) but it looks like there is a tribe of people here to go through the journey with me and I cannot be more grateful for that. I've had a REALLY unsuccessful past 3.5 years trying to get my life back on track. I'm crazy tired of the destructive cycle and I know this is what I need to break it. Cheers to Aug 7th.. (of course I'm mentall clinking a glass of La Croix. Promise.) 

I am jumping in on the 7th too!  Mind if I join in on this group?  I am really looking forward to this.  I have a lot of joint pain in my knees and occasional skin outbreaks that are really itchy....hoping that cleaning up my years of bad eating and extra weight that i lug around will help relieve those pains and itching events.

I am excited but nervous about failing.  I have tried every program out there... and the weight and habits always return.  I am soooo ready for a lifestyle change.  I am committed but I know I need accountability and support too.  I hate cooking and am always trying to just short cut things or just doing the "grab and go" type of eating.  So....

I have read the Whole30 book, have been researching over the past weeks, and I think I will use the meal plan program that will personalize the meals for me and give me a quick shopping list.  Easy, fast and convenient is what I need.  So I like the idea of having a program to "click and choose" my meal planning.   Thank you in advance! 

I look forward to learning, sharing and reading about our journey on this new path. I turn 51 this month.... So this is my gift to me... An investment in myself and my future (it's like my own personal 401k).  I look forward to a great ROI (return on investment:D)!

Round 2 for me!  I have to get back on track. 3 tries and only one successful round. Eating is way out of whack (can't ft past the "just one bite/thing doesn't mean eat junk the whole day). So the day after hubby's birthday I will start (which is the 7th) and will go until my birthday (which will be 33 days). I almost have to stay comliant 100% all the time or I mess up and schmutz myself like crazy. I'm a carb and sugar addict

Hi!

I am definitely a sugar addict. I believe I won't be able to do the "one bite" thing.... sugar is my drug...so, since I am a "sugar junky", i will have to stay away from it in  terms of chocolate, cakes, etc or i will plummet back down the into the land of my sugar dragon!  I imagine i will have quite the headache by the end of next week but I look forward to moving past that stage!

We can do this!  

20 minutes ago, ItsAboutTime said:

I have read the Whole30 book, have been researching over the past weeks, and I think I will use the meal plan program that will personalize the meals for me and give me a quick shopping list.  Easy, fast and convenient is what I need.  So I like the idea of having a program to "click and choose" my meal planning.   Thank you in advance! 

Can you show me what that is?  It sounds convenient!

Brensuma, that's great; thanks!  This week I am making my shopping list, then Sunday will shop and make the week's worth of food.  I'm not going to do their plan program, I don't think, because I do so much running around!  one hour commute to/from work, kids, etc.  I'll probably need to do the same breakfast and lunch all week, but maybe change it up every week.  I see little breakfast muffins that might do it!  The recipes look really good and not too complicated.  I'm choosing the ones that are 30 minutes or less and very few ingredients ;)  Don't want to set myself up for failure before I start.  If I ain't a gourmet cook now, I'm not going to become one by Sunday.

Hi all, I am reading the Whole 30 book and realising there is a LOT more prep required before kicking off - setting ourselves up for success!  And so I'd love to join you with the 7th August start date. I really appreciated that infographic share Brensuma.

For several years now I've wanted to transform my relationship with food and find a lifestyle that I - and for many different reasons/ excuses/ poor choices/ life events - I've got sooooo close and then bounced back into old habits. And so ..... now feels like the right time for me to have come across Whole 30. 

I look forward to getting prepped, committing to Whole 30 and joining you on the journey! x

I don't experiment very much so prepping isn't a big thing. The hardest meal I make is egg roll in a bowl. DH decided to be sweet and doesn't want me spending hours chopping cabbage so he bought precut/bagged stuff. We'll see how it tastes.

5 minutes ago, Brensuma said:

I don't experiment very much so prepping isn't a big thing. The hardest meal I make is egg roll in a bowl. 

I hear ya, but doesn't it get old quickly that way?  I'm going to try new things.  I'm looking for quick recipes, but variety!  I'm afraid if it feels like a "I can do anything for 30 days" type diet, it's not a true 'lifestyle' change, but something I'd be trying to get through for a month.  You've done it before, though.. what do you find helpful and not helpful?  I'm looking for any suggestions to be successful.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Karen L said:

I'm afraid if it feels like a "I can do anything for 30 days" type diet, it's not a true 'lifestyle' change, but something I'd be trying to get through for a month.  

It IS an "I can do anything for 30 days" thing though. And it's not a diet. The trick is to do the Whole30 for 30 days, as written. This resets your system and (hopefully) your relationship with food. Then, you do the most valuable part and reintroduce foods and see how they affect you. Your digestion, mood, energy and health. Then you decide what you want to include going forward. THAT is what makes it a lifestyle change. :) 

4 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

It IS an "I can do anything for 30 days" thing though. And it's not a diet. The trick is to do the Whole30 for 30 days, as written. This resets your system and (hopefully) your relationship with food. Then, you do the most valuable part and reintroduce foods and see how they affect you. Your digestion, mood, energy and health. Then you decide what you want to include going forward. THAT is what makes it a lifestyle change. :) 

Got it.  That's helpful, thanks :)

Archived