August 7th Start Date

MarieC1978

1 hour ago, invinciblechar said:

I'm sure there are troubleshooting tips on this forum somewhere about this, at least regarding staying up in the middle of the night because I start to feel hungry since I'm not supposed to be awake then, but I just haven't had a chance to hunt around for it yet... 

Hi there!  I rooted around at lunch and found these two articles:

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-your-sleep/

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-sleep-quality/

Another suggestion I heard was to make sure you're getting enough carbs with dinner.  I'm not hungry when I wake up in the middle of the night, so it might be work stress, though I'm not having any more than usual.  I don't think.  Maybe usual stress combined with change in diet.  Anyway, good luck & may we sleep better tonight!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! So, my first week was good, and I'm following the timeline pretty well so far.... my question is this: I am going on a trip to Canada to visit my cousins, with my two year old daughter, who is sort of doing this with me (I've done my best to cut out bread for her, though my family is sabotaging sometimes which makes me mad). Anyway, how am I going to do this when I am with my family, and my cousin is a good cook?? I love clean eating, but I know I will feel sort of "required" to eat my families food... if you know what I mean. I usually am pretty good about picking things off/leaving things off (like bread). But I don't want to feel silly asking questions of my cousin. I won't try to make it awkward, but I'm afraid it will be because it is family. Help? It's only day 8 today, and "magic" day 11 is in the middle of my trip if I'm counting correctly. 

3 hours ago, amandamay83 said:

Office celebration today...my coworker's work anniversary, so there is cake.  I'm really hoping I can avoid eating it without too much "to do."  

It really isn't a big deal and if someone says "come on, have a piece!" Just say "no thanks" and ask if they are ready for school to start. Even if they don't have kids, the traffic in the mornings will pick up so ask if they have to deal with a huge morning commute difference during the school year. Change the subject!  Works every time for me. 

By the way, people leave the cake on the table all the time a nobody notices when they do it. You will because it is in the forefront of your mind now. My son (teenager) NEVER eats cake or cupcakes at birthday parties and whatnot. He doesn't really like cake. Nobody really ever notices even at a birthday party or celebration with kids. 

So, I woke up today feeling pretty good.  Have you ever laid on your back in bed as you are coming out of slumber and just relax into your day?  I did that today for the first time.  I didn't rush to get up.  I didn't freak when my husband was cooking eggs and the smell permeated the house.  I didn't rush to get the dishwasher empty, let the dogs out, get the kids up, feed the family, fold a load of laundry, nothing.  I didn't rush.  As I laid there, I put my hands on my stomach because I didn't feel nauseous, and I "felt" thinner.  You would think this is a GREAT thing; however, I wanted to crawl out of my skin to get to a scale to weigh myself.  POOF!  Magic morning gone in an instant!  Had my daughter hide the scale at the start and now I can't think of anything but that darn scale!  I am a slave to the little numbers displayed on that thing!  Curiosity kills the cat, but this anxiety about a freaking scale and the magic numbers it might show me are going to kill me!  Just kidding.  I won't die, but I get it now why they say to hide that thing.  I was in a great place when I woke up.  Got into a bad place when I realized I couldn't "Measure" my success.  Imagine if I looked at the scale and it showed no changes how far down my mood could have gone?!  I am convincing myself that it doesn't matter and that the way I felt when I woke up is a win NO MATTER WHAT!  (Easier said than done)

Cake went as well as could be expected.  There's only three of us in the office, and my boss does not "approve" of my weight loss (he thinks I lost too much), so he pushed, but I just walked away and made up something to do.  

Despite my regular failings in the last week of trying to do this, one thing I have learned is how very often I eat, not out of hunger, but out of boredom.  Right now, it's 2:00... I had hearty lunch an hour ago.  I am NOT hungry...but I still find myself wanting to reach for something.  If I were hungry, I'd break the "rules" and snack...but if I really think about it, i know it's not hunger, not really.  

I feel better about my multiple restarts knowing that, in spite of it, I'm still learning plenty.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, amandamay83 said:

Cake went as well as could be expected.  There's only three of us in the office, and my boss does not "approve" of my weight loss (he thinks I lost too much), so he pushed, but I just walked away and made up something to do.  .

People are legitimately horrible... I do not know of a single other thing other than body weight/composition that people think they have a right to comment on about another body... besides that, who ASKED him to 'approve'... Geez!  Good for you for sticking strong - personally the indignation and anger I would have had for that behavior would have probably turned me off cake forever... FOREVER!... Okay, well not like ForEVER.... ;)

I'm with you there @Cinlynn! I never dream of food. I did last night though. So weird for me. However, I dreamed I wasn't on the Whole30 anymore and I was having a cold beer, eating things I don't even like to eat. Super Crazy!!! 

BUT, it was a dream. Has a great day today. I'm definitely sleeping better. I'm still waiting for that big "ding dong" everyone has talked about but, I'm patient. Day 9 down! Tomorrow is Day 10 and I think we all got this! Thanks again everyone for all the support here! I just got my meats I ordered from US Wellness and I can't wait to start using it tomorrow. Whole30 compliant bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, spicy beef jerky and beef hot dogs!!! This weekend will rock!!!

3 hours ago, Kdog777 said:

I'm with you there @Cinlynn! I never dream of food. I did last night though. So weird for me. However, I dreamed I wasn't on the Whole30 anymore and I was having a cold beer, eating things I don't even like to eat. Super Crazy!!! 

BUT, it was a dream. Has a great day today. I'm definitely sleeping better. I'm still waiting for that big "ding dong" everyone has talked about but, I'm patient. Day 9 down! Tomorrow is Day 10 and I think we all got this! Thanks again everyone for all the support here! I just got my meats I ordered from US Wellness and I can't wait to start using it tomorrow. Whole30 compliant bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, spicy beef jerky and beef hot dogs!!! This weekend will rock!!!

@Kdog777 Let me know how US Wellness is. I am shopping there for my next grocery shopping "trip" because my husband NEEDS his bacon and cold cuts and stuff.

Gonna have a lot of work to do since school is starting back. Without the kids in the house and running them all over like I did all Summer, I am little concerned with over obsessing about food during the day since I work from home. It has become really important to not have non-compliant food in the house. 

On a side note...went for my first run while doing W30. I took some time off because I didn't want to overtax the mind and body in the beginning. Gotta say it was the WORST run EVER. Had zero energy and had to stop and walk SEVERAL times. Got about .25 miles from my car and almost had to stop. Only reason I didn't is because A.) I was alone on a trail and B.) I had to get back home to clean up for meet the teacher at my son's school. Ugh!  Gonna try again tomorrow with some different fuel?  Not sure. 

11 hours ago, MarieC1978 said:

So, I woke up today feeling pretty good.  Have you ever laid on your back in bed as you are coming out of slumber and just relax into your day?  I did that today for the first time.  I didn't rush to get up.  I didn't freak when my husband was cooking eggs and the smell permeated the house.  I didn't rush to get the dishwasher empty, let the dogs out, get the kids up, feed the family, fold a load of laundry, nothing.  I didn't rush.  As I laid there, I put my hands on my stomach because I didn't feel nauseous, and I "felt" thinner.  You would think this is a GREAT thing; however, I wanted to crawl out of my skin to get to a scale to weigh myself.  POOF!  Magic morning gone in an instant!  Had my daughter hide the scale at the start and now I can't think of anything but that darn scale!  I am a slave to the little numbers displayed on that thing!  Curiosity kills the cat, but this anxiety about a freaking scale and the magic numbers it might show me are going to kill me!  Just kidding.  I won't die, but I get it now why they say to hide that thing.  I was in a great place when I woke up.  Got into a bad place when I realized I couldn't "Measure" my success.  Imagine if I looked at the scale and it showed no changes how far down my mood could have gone?!  I am convincing myself that it doesn't matter and that the way I felt when I woke up is a win NO MATTER WHAT!  (Easier said than done)

I so relate. I almost dug out the scale yesterday or so. I resisted though. I thought "what I haven't lost any weight. I'll feel terrible." Lol! After all this struggle and sacrifice. I get why they say don't weigh. 

I chuckled at your "felt thinner" comment. I have those moments now too and I'm certain I've lost inches or cm already. Clothes are fitting better! :)

My sleep is not quite as disturbed as it was but still not good. I have been eating starchy veg with last template meal of the day and keeping to the template, including no shyness with additional fat!  Was having a little bit of a pistachio issue but they're gone and I won't get more. No food dreams yet but I'm sure they're coming.  Negotiated a work lunch with an avocado avocado burger over salad.  Tomorrow night is book club. The book is set in Moscow and another member texted me tonight, excited to make GF Russian teacakes that I can have and verifying details about what type of pans and utensils she could use. I didn't have the heart to tell her I wouldn't eat them. My plan is to have a good sniff of them and take some home to freeze.

@PenguinSews

Hello everyone! Thank you @anchorageali for your story, I think it will help some. Anyone else have ideas? I want o stay as w30 compliant as I can without being that "annoying family member" so to speak... here is to day 9! I'm posting my questions again below for reference. 

I am going on a trip to Canada to visit my cousins, with my two year old daughter, who is sort of doing this with me (I've done my best to cut out bread for her, though my family is sabotaging sometimes which makes me mad).

Anyway, how am I going to do this when I am with my family, and my cousin is a good cook?? I love clean eating, but I know I will feel sort of "required" to eat my families food... if you know what I mean. I usually am pretty good about picking things off/leaving things off (like bread). But I don't want to feel silly asking questions of my cousin. I won't try to make it awkward, but I'm afraid it will be because it is family. Advice? 

I am glad that today's email was about traveling! 

1 hour ago, PenguinSews said:

Hello everyone! Thank you @anchorageali for your story, I think it will help some. Anyone else have ideas? I want o stay as w30 compliant as I can without being that "annoying family member" so to speak... here is to day 9! I'm posting my questions again below for reference. 

I am going on a trip to Canada to visit my cousins, with my two year old daughter, who is sort of doing this with me (I've done my best to cut out bread for her, though my family is sabotaging sometimes which makes me mad).

Anyway, how am I going to do this when I am with my family, and my cousin is a good cook?? I love clean eating, but I know I will feel sort of "required" to eat my families food... if you know what I mean. I usually am pretty good about picking things off/leaving things off (like bread). But I don't want to feel silly asking questions of my cousin. I won't try to make it awkward, but I'm afraid it will be because it is family. Advice? 

I am glad that today's email was about traveling! 

So, I just got back from vacation the day before my start date. Went to see family in SC and let me tell you...the old Southern Cooking thing is TRUE!  Everything has tons of W30 no-no foods and every meal ends with a cake, cobbler, or other dessert. I called my mom before leaving and told her I wanted to stay as compliant with the home cooked meals as possible. She didn't criticize or ask "huh" or make it awkward. Instead, she went grocery shopping and got La Croix waters instead of soda for me. She bought ghee for the first time in her life. She made sure she had olive oil and avocado oil instead of the other stuff she usually uses cause it's cheaper. She had pistachios and almonds and fruit and tuna and even some smoked salmon. All kinds of foods for at the house. Instead of her taking the lead on cooking, she let me lead and actually watched and learned. My brother even made sure to make a huge W30 salad for me when we went to eat at his house with Primal Kitchen dressing because the only thing he can cook is a mean spaghetti. My brother even baked apples with just cinnamon on them for my "dessert" while they ate those same apples with ice cream of course. They went out of their way with the home cooked meals even though that isn't their style.  Eating out on vacation was a different story!

Here's the thing with family. If you are close, they will not judge and you can be completely honest with them. I am a firm believer in communicating the emotional reasons behind W30 because that will garner more support than "I just want to lose weight."  Its more than just weight loss and they should know that. You and your cousin (since she is a wonderful cook) can come up with additions or subtractions to each meal to make sure it there is something compliant for you and tastes good. Give her this challenge as she may surprise you. Either way, be honest with them about how important this is for you and you will be happy you did regardless of the outcome. 

The point is, family can be a pain in the bum, but they are family and want what is best for you. Don't make a huge deal out of it, but call ahead of time and talk to them. Let them know this is important to you and see if they can help. By calling them in advance, they have a little warning and can do some research.  Springing it on them by not eating may "offend" them or make them feel uncomfortable at the table.  If your cousin says "what the heck am I supposed to make?!!!"  Send her some recipes you have been wanting to try that are W30 and see if she can "help" you make them good.  Make her/them feel like they are doing you a solid by helping make this happen for you.  

For the foods that can't be made W30 compliant, just say no. It's hard to say no, but you can and you will feel powerful for having done so. You are in control of what you put in your mouth so show them how it's done. And after your cousin (the great cook) tweaks her awesome recipes to fit W30, share those recipes with the rest of us!

11 hours ago, MarieC1978 said:

@Kdog777 Let me know how US Wellness is. I am shopping there for my next grocery shopping "trip" because my husband NEEDS his bacon and cold cuts and stuff.

Gonna have a lot of work to do since school is starting back. Without the kids in the house and running them all over like I did all Summer, I am little concerned with over obsessing about food during the day since I work from home. It has become really important to not have non-compliant food in the house. 

On a side note...went for my first run while doing W30. I took some time off because I didn't want to overtax the mind and body in the beginning. Gotta say it was the WORST run EVER. Had zero energy and had to stop and walk SEVERAL times. Got about .25 miles from my car and almost had to stop. Only reason I didn't is because A.) I was alone on a trail and B.) I had to get back home to clean up for meet the teacher at my son's school. Ugh!  Gonna try again tomorrow with some different fuel?  Not sure. 

I understand @MarieC1978, truly!!! I found some workouts for the home (for beginners, lol) and I literally did some star jacks, and a couple of burpees only!!! I was so sore the next morning. Unbelievable!!! I'm apparently VERY out of shape, lol. I too like to run but, no way I can right now. I have little energy as well. But, we are close to Day 14 which should turn things around for us, (fingers crossed).  I'm going to attempt working out again this weekend. Hopefully, more successful?!? LOL. 

I have faith in you!! You got this girl!!! As soon as thoughts start try and tell yourself "ummm, no thanks, next chapter". Sounds stupid but, worked for me. I usually obsess in the car drive to work and home. I thinks that's also because that's when I would smoke. So now, I crank up the AC/DC and sing as loud as possible after I tell my head "next chapter". 

I got my US Wellness meats yesterday. It was still frozen so I probably won't be trying it until this weekend. But, I will def tell you how it is. Let's chat again later : )

6 hours ago, MarieC1978 said:

So, I just got back from vacation the day before my start date. Went to see family in SC and let me tell you...the old Southern Cooking thing is TRUE!  Everything has tons of W30 no-no foods and every meal ends with a cake, cobbler, or other dessert. I called my mom before leaving and told her I wanted to stay as compliant with the home cooked meals as possible. She didn't criticize or ask "huh" or make it awkward. Instead, she went grocery shopping and got La Croix waters instead of soda for me. She bought ghee for the first time in her life. She made sure she had olive oil and avocado oil instead of the other stuff she usually uses cause it's cheaper. She had pistachios and almonds and fruit and tuna and even some smoked salmon. All kinds of foods for at the house. Instead of her taking the lead on cooking, she let me lead and actually watched and learned. My brother even made sure to make a huge W30 salad for me when we went to eat at his house with Primal Kitchen dressing because the only thing he can cook is a mean spaghetti. My brother even baked apples with just cinnamon on them for my "dessert" while they ate those same apples with ice cream of course. They went out of their way with the home cooked meals even though that isn't their style.  Eating out on vacation was a different story!

Here's the thing with family. If you are close, they will not judge and you can be completely honest with them. I am a firm believer in communicating the emotional reasons behind W30 because that will garner more support than "I just want to lose weight."  Its more than just weight loss and they should know that. You and your cousin (since she is a wonderful cook) can come up with additions or subtractions to each meal to make sure it there is something compliant for you and tastes good. Give her this challenge as she may surprise you. Either way, be honest with them about how important this is for you and you will be happy you did regardless of the outcome. 

The point is, family can be a pain in the bum, but they are family and want what is best for you. Don't make a huge deal out of it, but call ahead of time and talk to them. Let them know this is important to you and see if they can help. By calling them in advance, they have a little warning and can do some research.  Springing it on them by not eating may "offend" them or make them feel uncomfortable at the table.  If your cousin says "what the heck am I supposed to make?!!!"  Send her some recipes you have been wanting to try that are W30 and see if she can "help" you make them good.  Make her/them feel like they are doing you a solid by helping make this happen for you.  

For the foods that can't be made W30 compliant, just say no. It's hard to say no, but you can and you will feel powerful for having done so. You are in control of what you put in your mouth so show them how it's done. And after your cousin (the great cook) tweaks her awesome recipes to fit W30, share those recipes with the rest of us!

Thank you SO much @MarieC1978! I will call her and just talk to her, and see what we can come up with. I'm stalling I guess because I haven't seen this family member in years, but I can do. This because that doesn't matter! Thank you for the kind but tough love! I'll let you all know how it goes! As a side note, almost had an arguement over this w30 thing because I talked to my dad about it, who just doesn't like change I guess and didn't want to hear any of it. Oh well... just keep movin on with a smile! 

Ok, so yesterday I turned 40 and I thought all was great! I had a smoothie bowl which felt like such a treat! Fast forward to today...I can't stop crying. It's like my emotions got hit by a truck. I'm listening to sad country music and I hate country music. I'm wondering if I made a mistake doing the Whole30 during this 40th birthday which is a difficult one for a lot of people. I thought it was all amazing and then this. In shocked because I'm a pretty strong person. Can the Whole30 really mess up emotions like this? Wow! Thanks for letting me vent. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, SnappySue said:

Ok, so yesterday I turned 40 and I thought all was great! I had a smoothie bowl which felt like such a treat! Fast forward to today...I can't stop crying. It's like my emotions got hit by a truck. I'm listening to sad country music and I hate country music. I'm wondering if I made a mistake doing the Whole30 during this 40th birthday which is a difficult one for a lot of people. I thought it was all amazing and then this. In shocked because I'm a pretty strong person. Can the Whole30 really mess up emotions like this? Wow! Thanks for letting me vent. 

Aw :(  First, happy birthday!  Second, yes, this can happen and it's also possible that you're having food grief over cake/birthday food that was triggered by the Whole30 being ON your birthday.  You have NOT made a mistake... you're giving yourself the best possible gift you can.. health!  Cry over the cake and food grief and turning 40... you're allowed... people are ALLOWED to have emotions! Not only allowed but encouraged. :) 

1 hour ago, SnappySue said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't cry very often unless I am well and truly MAD!  However, I have found myself a little misty eyed in a few situations since I started my W30, so yes, it is normal.  I turn 40 in May and I have always said age is simply a number, a birthday is just another day, yada yada.  Even I have to admit though, that 40 is a milestone, so if you would like to lean over and pretend it is my shoulder you are crying on for the sake of mourning the unconsumed birthday cake, I am here for you.  You make us all proud for doing what is right for you and committing to something that will allow you to have several more birthday cakes in your future (consumed or unconsumed).

2 hours ago, SnappySue said:

1 hour ago, MarieC1978 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't cry very often unless I am well and truly MAD!  However, I have found myself a little misty eyed in a few situations since I started my W30, so yes, it is normal.  I turn 40 in May and I have always said age is simply a number, a birthday is just another day, yada yada.  Even I have to admit though, that 40 is a milestone, so if you would like to lean over and pretend it is my shoulder you are crying on for the sake of mourning the unconsumed birthday cake, I am here for you.  You make us all proud for doing what is right for you and committing to something that will allow you to have several more birthday cakes in your future (consumed or unconsumed).

I hope this comes out the right way - supportive-ly and trying to put a positive spin on things - I am now 55 years old, and I would kind of kill for 40 again :D   But in all earnestness, there is no "proper" way to view aging, and happy birthday to you both...

Hi all. Just wanted to check in. I'm still with ya'all!  Been following posts but been crazy busy.  Glad I made a big batch of carnitas Sunday, otherwise who knows what I'd be eating??  So sleep hasn't gotten better. 5 hours each last two nights, but I think a big part may be work stress. There are problems I don't see a solution for, which I usually do. I guess it's weighing on me heavier, and I do think whole 30 messes with your emotions a bit too, so it's probably exacerbated.  That, and no wine ;) Anyway, feeling pretty strong (but tired) going into day 11!  More on the side of "I don't want to eat anything" rather than "I'm ready to eat whatever I want".  Another weekend to get through and I'll feel in a better place!

Happy belated birthday @SnappySue  So glad you reached out to the group for support. This forum is such a great go-to.  Wish we could all meet in person!  Totally lucked into a great group!

Feeling blah today with little to no appetite. Not sure if it's W30 related or gastroparesis related. I'm used to eating 1 to 2 meals a day at most. Been waking up in the mornings feeling nauseous one day and good the next then nauseous then good. Vicious cycle that. Not sure if I should try to eat dinner earlier (6:00 to 6:30 is dinner time now) or if I should eat smaller portions since I'm trying my best to stick to 3 meals a day?  I think I may need to contact my gastroenterologist on this and maybe my nutritionist?  Maybe my portions for my meals need to be smaller than the template?  I'm already not able to finish my meals because I'm am so full I feel just shy of sick but I know I'm not eating enough according to the template?  Hmmmmm...

Hello 8/7 friends.  So sorry for vanishing - I'm reading all of these wonderful posts at the end of the day but have been swamped at work and finding it difficult to respond like I'd like.  All compliant on Whole30 - even changed my network password at work to Whole30Rocks.  That said, I think I'm stuck . . . We're on day 11 and it feels like I should be raging with Tiger Blood or at least feeling it coming.  I'm not.  Like I said, I'm totally 100% compliant and I am very proud of that - not looking back . . . but, here are my concerns:  I am having a very difficult time eating food.  I am hungry but not hungry.  I dread breakfast like the plague.  If I eat another egg or avocado, I think I'll barf.  Lunch is ok (usually dinner L/O's). Dinner is ok too but by that time, I'm finding myself exhausted and kinda angry about having to cook - again.  My husband has been a SAINT and is helping however he can but the struggle is real and the feeling of challenge is not going away.  Aside from that, I feel heavier.  I see people saying they feel like their clothes are getting loose - not me.  I'm doing this for other reasons too, but it would be nice to get something back at this point.  My joints still ache.  Good grief.  Can't say I'm feeling anything like what I was hoping by now.

Can those of you who have been down this road give me the benefit of your thoughts?  We have been following Dr. Axe's clean plan for years and, aside from adding back in occasional gluten and consuming wine, we have been generally clean.  Maybe I won't see results like I'm hoping???  

Anyway, I'm in for good but it's been a tough week. I'm not usually one to complain so this is really getting to me.  Thoughts and tough love welcome!!!

3 minutes ago, Sara Cameron-Ragazzo said:

Hello 8/7 friends.  So sorry for vanishing - I'm reading all of these wonderful posts at the end of the day but have been swamped at work and finding it difficult to respond like I'd like.  All compliant on Whole30 - even changed my network password at work to Whole30Rocks.  That said, I think I'm stuck . . . We're on day 11 and it feels like I should be raging with Tiger Blood or at least feeling it coming.  I'm not.  Like I said, I'm totally 100% compliant and I am very proud of that - not looking back . . . but, here are my concerns:  I am having a very difficult time eating food.  I am hungry but not hungry.  I dread breakfast like the plague.  If I eat another egg or avocado, I think I'll barf.  Lunch is ok (usually dinner L/O's). Dinner is ok too but by that time, I'm finding myself exhausted and kinda angry about having to cook - again.  My husband has been a SAINT and is helping however he can but the struggle is real and the feeling of challenge is not going away.  Aside from that, I feel heavier.  I see people saying they feel like their clothes are getting loose - not me.  I'm doing this for other reasons too, but it would be nice to get something back at this point.  My joints still ache.  Good grief.  Can't say I'm feeling anything like what I was hoping by now.

Can those of you who have been down this road give me the benefit of your thoughts?  We have been following Dr. Axe's clean plan for years and, aside from adding back in occasional gluten and consuming wine, we have been generally clean.  Maybe I won't see results like I'm hoping???  

Anyway, I'm in for good but it's been a tough week. I'm not usually one to complain so this is really getting to me.  Thoughts and tough love welcome!!!

I'm not a lot of help, but I can at least speak to breakfast:  don't feel like you HAVE to eat "breakfast foods."  When I was in high school, I ate a tuna sandwich for breakfast more days than not.  Clearly, that's not gonna work in this instance, but eat whatever the heck you want!  

Archived