August 7th Start Date

MarieC1978

2 minutes ago, Karen L said:

Me, too!  We should definitely all keep in touch for check-ins.

I had my brother & mom over for dinner yesterday- made cauliflower rice (my kids even ate it!), thai meatballs, and sweet potato/applesauce.  Everyone loved it!  My mom asked how long I was going to be doing this "diet", and why can't I choose a diet without weird food.  I laughed and I told her I was!  (and that it's a lifestyle, not a diet).  

I get the same reaction from people!!! I keep saying this isn't a diet its a life change. They don't truly get it but, that isn't my concern. I care about how I feel. Eventually, I believe they will notice how I look and behave and then maybe they will get it. 

I agree, we should stay in touch. Especially if we are going to keep this change permanent. I will need the support. My hubby doesn't quite get it yet. He too, thinks I eat funny things. He doesn't believe that I will continue on either. But, once he sees (which he has started to notice) how happy being on this program has made me he'll come into acceptance, lol. I'm not saying I won't have that occasional glass of wine or ice cold beer. Or some gnocchi. But, it won't be like it used to be or as often. I love this new me I'm becoming!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kdog777 said:

I get the same reaction from people!!! I keep saying this isn't a diet its a life change. They don't truly get it but, that isn't my concern. I care about how I feel. Eventually, I believe they will notice how I look and behave and then maybe they will get it. 

I agree, we should stay in touch. Especially if we are going to keep this change permanent. I will need the support. My hubby doesn't quite get it yet. He too, thinks I eat funny things. He doesn't believe that I will continue on either. But, once he sees (which he has started to notice) how happy being on this program has made me he'll come into acceptance, lol. I'm not saying I won't have that occasional glass of wine or ice cold beer. Or some gnocchi. But, it won't be like it used to be or as often. I love this new me I'm becoming!

I'm in!!!  We do need each other.  I haven't done as good a job as you guys posting, but I have LOVED reading and being there in spirit.  Let's stick with this - together.  Not that I like this analogy, but you have to eat an elephant one bite at a time and we are doing that.  Our positive change may help others!!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kdog777 said:

Ok, How was this for breakfast? I had a hard boiled egg (didn't have time to make my normal hot eggs), a medium chicken breast, spaghetti squash, broccoli, bacon with coconut milk casserole (heaping handful), pico de gallo for my chicken,  some kalamata olives and 2 plaintain slices. I also made my own homemade mayo yesterday!! It came out fantastic. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I was scared to try it this whole time and it was a breeze. I'll never buy mayo again. 

I found some whole30 approved lunch meat at whole foods so excited. I'm going to have a turkey sandwich (minus the bread) with mayo, lettuce, tomato and avocado for lunch. With a salad as my side. 

Let me know if this is better?

Looks great! :)

On 8/27/2017 at 1:43 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

You may want to read the Do I have to Start Over article linked in my signature.  It is your choice what you do, just as it was your choice to eat cake on Day 20, however I would encourage you with an open mind and heart to really consider why you had to have a bite of cake... Were you pressured into it and didn't know how to say no?  You made a commitment to yourself to go for 30 full days and you WERE so close to finishing... I really encourage you to look at this situation and figure out why it happened and really assess the situtuation because you are worth SO MUCH MORE than a bite of cake!

Thank you SugarcubeOD! I will read that again, and I ate the cake because I had to test it for my daughter who is two. It was only a bite, but in hindsight, maybe my husband could have tasted it. I will keep an open mind and keep thinking about it.... 

Okay. So I've made the difficult decision for myself anyway.... and I'm going to start over. I hope that means that the emails start back over at day 1 and I don't have to pay again. Yep. Kicking myself because I thought I was doing the right thing, but I just have to face the facts, I did something wrong and pull up my now fitting better big girl pants and just start over. I am disappointed with myself. But, I do have enough time before my next trip that I can get all 40 days done. So here's to take two, and not eating any birthday cake, even I'd my moms birthday is on day 3now...sorry, but I just had to get that off my mind. I hope it's ok if I stay in this group, or should I start a new thread tomorrow??

10 minutes ago, PenguinSews said:

Okay. So I've made the difficult decision for myself anyway.... and I'm going to start over. I hope that means that the emails start back over at day 1 and I don't have to pay again. Yep. Kicking myself because I thought I was doing the right thing, but I just have to face the facts, I did something wrong and pull up my now fitting better big girl pants and just start over. I am disappointed with myself. But, I do have enough time before my next trip that I can get all 40 days done. So here's to take two, and not eating any birthday cake, even I'd my moms birthday is on day 3now...sorry, but I just had to get that off my mind. I hope it's ok if I stay in this group, or should I start a new thread tomorrow??

You are BRAVE!!!!  Please stay!

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, PenguinSews said:

I am very proud of you for making this decision!  You and your health are worth so much and I really admire you for taking the time to think through the program, what you want to get out of it and making the tougher decision!  Go girl! :wub:

12 hours ago, Karen L said:

Me, too!  We should definitely all keep in touch for check-ins.

I had my brother & mom over for dinner yesterday- made cauliflower rice (my kids even ate it!), thai meatballs, and sweet potato/applesauce.  Everyone loved it!  My mom asked how long I was going to be doing this "diet", and why can't I choose a diet without weird food.  I laughed and I told her I was!  (and that it's a lifestyle, not a diet).  

I plan to keep up as well afterward. I really like the idea of a place for check-ins. This forum has been a lifeline during this time! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SnappySue said:

I plan to keep up as well afterward. I really like the idea of a place for check-ins. This forum has been a lifeline during this time! 

You guys can definitely stick together on the forum, we have groups that do it all the time and I personally think it's awesome!

One of you can just make a thread for your group in the Post Whole30 section and then you can talk about reintros and life after whole30 without the mods finger shaking you here on the main boards (we try and keep them fully Whole30 out here so it's not confusing to new people).

8 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

One of you can just make a thread for your group in the Post Whole30 section and then you can talk about reintros and life after whole30 without the mods finger shaking you here on the main boards (we try and keep them fully Whole30 out here so it's not confusing to new people).

@SugarcubeOD - I think you've been great!  You're corrective, but in such a kind non-judgmental way.  It feels like you're one of us!  I've enjoyed having you on the journey.  Super helpful =)

I'm going to be out a lot from tomorrow through Sunday. I just made a detailed plan for tomorrow. That wasn't too bad. But I'm nervous about Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to a friend's house to stay the night. Another friend will be over as well. And besides my friend who invited us, her fiance and her parents also live there. Two people have some food issues (problems with onions/garlic/peppers/spices/flavor in general) and one person occasionally decides not to eat wheat (no problem with Whole30, woo hoo!). I'm not worried about falling off of the Whole30 wagon while I'm there. I already warned my friend that I'm going to have to bring my own food to eat and possibly cook while I'm there. But I feel weird bringing my own stuff and not offering it to everyone. I just find it so overwhelming right now to try to think of food options to feed up to 6 people for a weekend, especially when a few of them can't really eat anything except what seems like very bland food to me. Does anyone have any ideas for big group meals that aren't too expensive or complicated to prepare? Or, alternatively, do you think it would be super rude of me to just worry about myself? I have a lot going on taking care of my parents (that's what tomorrow will be devoted to, along with a few other days this week), so I won't have a ton of time for shopping/prep, and I am trying to manage my stress level so I can be relaxed and actually enjoy the weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

HI!  I was going to post today, too.. it's been awhile!  I think you'll be fine.  Your friend presumably knows you're dealing with other things, and she'll probably be happy she doesn't have to worry about feeding you!  I'm sure they have their own system going.  It will probably just be easier all around.  I wouldn't even worry about trying to feed all of them. :)

Home stretch guys!  Today is a "do I really have to wait 30 days?" day.  I keep walking by the kitchen and seeing chocolate in there.  But you know what?  I stop to look at it.  I stare at it and ask "do I really even want it?"  And I find I don't!  I guess I just want the idea of it.  But too close now to cheat.  No way!! =)

57 minutes ago, Karen L said:

HI!  I was going to post today, too.. it's been awhile!  I think you'll be fine.  Your friend presumably knows you're dealing with other things, and she'll probably be happy she doesn't have to worry about feeding you!  I'm sure they have their own system going.  It will probably just be easier all around.  I wouldn't even worry about trying to feed all of them. :)

Thanks, @Karen L ! Needed that sanity check. :) 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, invinciblechar said:

I'm going to be out a lot from tomorrow through Sunday. I just made a detailed plan for tomorrow. That wasn't too bad. But I'm nervous about Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to a friend's house to stay the night. Another friend will be over as well. And besides my friend who invited us, her fiance and her parents also live there. Two people have some food issues (problems with onions/garlic/peppers/spices/flavor in general) and one person occasionally decides not to eat wheat (no problem with Whole30, woo hoo!). I'm not worried about falling off of the Whole30 wagon while I'm there. I already warned my friend that I'm going to have to bring my own food to eat and possibly cook while I'm there. But I feel weird bringing my own stuff and not offering it to everyone. I just find it so overwhelming right now to try to think of food options to feed up to 6 people for a weekend, especially when a few of them can't really eat anything except what seems like very bland food to me. Does anyone have any ideas for big group meals that aren't too expensive or complicated to prepare? Or, alternatively, do you think it would be super rude of me to just worry about myself? I have a lot going on taking care of my parents (that's what tomorrow will be devoted to, along with a few other days this week), so I won't have a ton of time for shopping/prep, and I am trying to manage my stress level so I can be relaxed and actually enjoy the weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I would worry about myself personally... especially if its kind of nutty with so many restrictions, tastes, preferences.  Maybe you could let them know that you're going to worry about your own meals but you'd be glad to make a big green salad to go along with dinner each night.  Presumably these people would cook something and eat it if you weren't there so they should just do that exact thing when you are there.  People can be weird about food but what I've learned is that no one cares what you're eating or how 'weird' you are about food, as long as you're not shoving it in their face and you're focussing on the fellowship and company of the time together and not the food itself.  I personally think after having read your posts that you are fully equipped to be super successful at this weekend and I can't wait to hear how it went when you get back!  And if you need a pep talk while you're there, we're always here!

On 8/28/2017 at 7:23 AM, Sara Cameron-Ragazzo said:

I'm in!!!  We do need each other.  I haven't done as good a job as you guys posting, but I have LOVED reading and being there in spirit.  Let's stick with this - together.  Not that I like this analogy, but you have to eat an elephant one bite at a time and we are doing that.  Our positive change may help others!!

Day 25 over!!! Home stretch now. I have to say excited to introduce some things and see how it effects me. Curious. I don't miss much though. But, I do miss cheese! LOL, hope that doesn't effect me terribly. I guess next week we'll see. Congratulations to us all!!!!

Thanks, @SugarcubeOD ! Since my freakout earlier, I texted back and forth with my friend. I told her I was getting worried/overwhelmed about what I could eat at her place, and trying to think of things everyone else could eat too, but she assured me not to worry about everyone else and to just bring things for myself. Phew! I have it all mapped out and I'm ready to go!

HI Everyone!

Day 26..... In the bucket!  YEEHAW!!!  I haven't posted often but it has really helped me to have ya'lls posts to read.  

I have been feeling so full all the time lately, I have to force myself to eat the 3 meals a day, ugh!  But tonight, my neighbor said "Wow, your skin looks great and are you loosing weight?"   After a hectic week at work and a feeling that I am not making any headway, that statement made me feel so much better about this.  I really like the W30 life style and I am not ready to reintroduce foods yet (except maybe wine ;-)  )!  I am thinking that I will extend this another 30 days and participate in the Sept W30.  Anyone else extending their W30 journey?  

So after 26 days, here are some rewards I have received:

Knees are not hurting as much

Blood Pressure is below 140/90 (finally!  So yay!)

I have more energy and I exercise now

I hope all have experienced a healthy and successful W30 thus far....... only 4 more days to go!

Way to go, @ItsAboutTime !! I'm not planning on formally extending this Whole30 extra days, but I do plan on eating mostly Whole30 compliant even after the reintroduction, because why would I want to go back to that cycle of eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's and having a few glasses of wine for dinner, feeling bad about myself the next day, and then craving all that sugar again? I'm feeling good and want to continue feeling good, and now I know I can! I can't wait to get bloodwork done and see if anything has changed for the better. Nice job on getting your BP in range! That's huge!!! 

1 hour ago, ItsAboutTime said:

Thanks!  Is anyone experiencing cramping in the legs at night when sleeping.  It started for me last week and is quite painful.

My ankles cramped up the other night but it passed. Bananas are supposed to help.  Anything with potassium. 

On 8/31/2017 at 6:01 PM, Kdog777 said:

Day 25 over!!! Home stretch now. I have to say excited to introduce some things and see how it effects me. Curious. I don't miss much though. But, I do miss cheese! LOL, hope that doesn't effect me terribly. I guess next week we'll see. Congratulations to us all!!!!

WE DID IT!!!! Day 30!!! Wholly cow!! I am so excited! I hope everyone is proud of themselves as I am of myself!! I have my re-introduction ready for the morning, lol. Cheese on my omelet and a slice of toast. Now its time to see what ails me. and then this weekend I'll try an ice cold beer. Slow intro though. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I just am so glad to have had you all through this unbelievable journey!!

Archived