August 7th Start Date

MarieC1978

WE DID IT!! WOOT!   

So, I started our reintroduction forum.  Hope you guys will join me!  I don't think you can actually click through on this link, but this is where it is on the forums page.  

Almost thought I wasn't going to make it past Sunday due to some family unexpectedly in town, but I did!!!!  LAST DAY!!  YAY US!!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!! Congrats on completing your W30's!! I'm on day 8 of of my redo, and doing fine! Mom, and others keep telling me that I'm looking great! I am still wondering how having baking as a hobby works into this lifestyle, since I feel like I can't eat it anymore. I miss that part... someone please tell me I can at least have a bite of something when I'm done?? I mean, my husband can only take so many things to work.... lol. The good thing is that I can now bake something without a taste of the spoon so to speak!! That's so exciting for me! At least I have other hobbies too, and raising my two year old takes all the energy I have! I'm so glad that I have more energy that's even keeled! 

Just chcking in, and looking for advice... 

Yay! I'm so happy to make it to this day! I can't believe it! Without thinking twice, I threw sausage and veggies into the oven for lunch. No biggie! I will be joining the reintro group too. I really enjoyed reading everyone's stories in this group. It truly helps! Congrats to everyone else too!

In a weird way, I'm almost sad that we're at Day 30, and the main phase of our reset is ending. I've been disciplined for short periods of time in the past, but never in a way that felt this all-encompassing and sustainable. And certainly never in a way that I wanted to keep doing it! I always would celebrate my victory (usually measured in lbs) a little too hard with beer and sweets, because food was my reward, kickstarting the backward slide that continued until the next period of attempting to right the ship. But this time is different. I worked too hard and feel too good to revert back to my old ways immediately. This feels like such a big accomplishment that I want that feeling to continue. 

Yeehaw to all us Aug 7 babies!!!!

3 hours ago, invinciblechar said:

In a weird way, I'm almost sad that we're at Day 30, and the main phase of our reset is ending. I've been disciplined for short periods of time in the past, but never in a way that felt this all-encompassing and sustainable. And certainly never in a way that I wanted to keep doing it! I always would celebrate my victory (usually measured in lbs) a little too hard with beer and sweets, because food was my reward, kickstarting the backward slide that continued until the next period of attempting to right the ship. But this time is different. I worked too hard and feel too good to revert back to my old ways immediately. This feels like such a big accomplishment that I want that feeling to continue. 

Yeehaw to all us Aug 7 babies!!!!

I totally agree with you!!!  It's not over for me.  I am loving this commitment and I know I still have work to do so I'm going onward (and upward)!  I feel like we live in this special space with all this knowledge and freedom over our "dragons" that makes us truly special . . . and blessed!  

Have loved this group.  I hope we can stick together as we take our individual journeys wherever they go! :) 

I can't believe how fast 30 days went!!  Here's to 30 more for me!

23 hours ago, PenguinSews said:

I am still wondering how having baking as a hobby works into this lifestyle, since I feel like I can't eat it anymore. I miss that part... someone please tell me I can at least have a bite of something when I'm done??

Do some Internet searching.  I think you can't do it while you're on Whole 30, but after your 30 days, I think it's safe to have whole30 compliant "desserts".  During the 30, it's the SWYPO, but afterwards... I think there are some good recipes available!

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, PenguinSews said:

I'll do some research @Karen L! The books seem to say that it would be ok, but not sure. 

What are you referring to as being ok, @PenguinSews? As I read it you were asking about baking and if you can "have a bite of something" when you're done? When you're done baking or when you're done your Whole30?

Once your Whole30 is over, it's all up to you what you choose to include. During a Whole30, there are no bites permitted of any baked goods, even if the ingredients are compliant. We do encourage people to move away from needing "dessert" and using things like fruits, nuts, fruit topped w/ coconut milk etc, but no, that would not be against the rules.

Hello August 7 start friends!  Was offline over the long weekend - hubby and I went on a trip with our Cobra club to the mountains to do the Tail of the Dragon drive.  We had a WONDERFUL time but I did consume wine on all 3 nights.  I am so mad at myself.  We packed a cooler full of good food so my "screw up" wasn't food-related.  This group loves wine and I guess I decided that the social experience was something I could allow myself after being so clean for actually 40 days!!!  So, back on the horse for me starting today.  Keeping it totally clean / no wine / no sugar / no dairy / no legumes / all good whole food.  

I do have a question for anyone who has heard about this . . . one of my staple products has become the Tessamae dressings / sauces.  I have been a dismal failure at making mayo (not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's curdled every time - and yes, my eggs and lemons are room temp and the EVO is light.)  But, without the mayo in my arsenal, I really depend on Tessamae.  We just learned from our Whole Foods, where the inventory has dwindled over the last few weeks, that Tessamae is having financial trouble and they are not able to continue production!!!  Ugh.  Has anyone else heard that?  Is there an alternative dressing that is W30 compliant that anyone knows about?

Hope everyone is doing well and I welcome the "spanking" I deserve after this weekend.  I was SOOOOOO strong for so long and I just let my guard down around our buddies.  I did make it through the program so I'm proud of that much.  BTW, I felt like CRAP every morning which tells me something!!!

hugs to all!

Hi, Sara:  With your mayo, you might just try keeping going past that curdled-looking phase.  Keep drizzling in the finest thread of oil and blending slowly, and I bet your mayo comes together.

As for other condiments, I am totally hooked on the "Sunshine Sauce" recipe in the Well Fed cookbook.  Sunflower seed butter plus coconut milk, spices and vinegar.  Absolutely scrumptious.  I also find a simple red-wine-vinegar and olive oil plus some dried herbs, salt, and pepper is a perfect fit for most salads--very Italian restaurant or Greek diner.  Those are my go-tos.

Archived