Charleston, SC Restaurants

Ellie8787

I already looked through the forum and I couldn't find anything on this topic.  Does anyone have any recommendations for some good places to eat in the Charleston area? We are vacationing in Folly Beach, but plan on spending time in Charleston as well.  I will not be doing a whole30 at the time, but I would like to stay as close to paleo as possible, with probably a few drinks here and there.  I've been searching online and so many restaurants look delicious, but there is obviously a lot of southern style food with gluten and dairy.  I'm thinking seafood might be my best bet.  Any good recommendations? Thanks! 

Jack of Cups on folly is a favorite, they mark vegan and gluten free items, though I haven't been there during a whole30. Taco boy on folly or downtown has been accommodating of my three whole30's! Guac and they will serve any of their tacos in lettuce. Five Loaves café downtown has a lot of vegan and gluten free options, though again haven't been during a whole30. Sesame Burgers are delicious, and have been there and eaten a side salad with one during whole30. Oysters on the half shell and peel and eat shrimp are always good choices! Steaks are easy to make compliant as well- Hall's chop house being a favorite.  I know FIG will make something off menu for vegetarians, so they may be accommodating of other dietary restrictions if you warn them when making a reservation. Most restaurants will be accommodating of a grilled piece of protein and veg!

The Crab Shack in Folley is great! They have great steamed food! Mod note: the bread and cheese and cream sauce on the second picture of the mussels would not be compliant.  The corn would not be compliant in the first picture and obviously Bud Light is out ;) )

IMG_9851.JPG

IMG_9852.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

Archived