emilyelowe

Death of the Dragon - 30 days of carnage (July 25)

355 posts in this topic

Day 27 and the struggle is real. It's getting to that time where my brain decides to go into anarchy mode because it's been given the opportunity to think about off plan things. We had family over for breakfast yesterday and my sister in law brought a coffee cake which no one ate but she left, so that's been staring at us for a day. Plus we had a ton of leftover french toast which is great for reintroducing gluten Thursday but not so great to have around today. And oh the sweet cravings! All my kingdom for a cookie! :(

As usual, I'm disappointed that all these cravings are still here but my husband made a good point that he's OK with the cravings still being present because he's proud of himself for being able to say no. So I guess I need to look at it like that. I have definitely thought about eating some of these things early though because "no one would know," but that's how I give food it's power. It makes me want to lie and then the shame of the lie piles on top of the shame I already had about eating it in the first place and WE ARE JUST NOT GOING THERE RIGHT NOW. Not today, Satan. -_-

So that's where I'm at. 

Still struggling with the potato vs. digestion thing but we have leftover broccoli, asparagus, and bacon frittata that I'll be having for breakfast so hopefully that will help. Making some cube steaks for dinner now and there will be leftovers qand we have white chicken chili in the slow cooker. Hopefully that will keep me focused for 3 more days! 

I feel like the thread has gotten really quiet. I hope everyone is doing great! 

2 hours ago, emilyelowe said:

Sugar Dragon was a real curse word today.

So much so I can't even decide which curse word to use. 

That is all. 

Are you looking for suggestions? :D 

Stay tough, almost there...

7 hours ago, emilyelowe said:

Sugar Dragon was a real curse word today.

So much so I can't even decide which curse word to use. 

That is all. 

Yes, some cravings are still present. But we're almost there! And I hope I will be able to make wiser decisions then.

Anyway, I've some questions for reintroduction. We're probably going to a somewhat fast track introduction because the husband wants to know what affects us. My question is, if I start with legumes, and say, I don't have much of a reaction to soy, during my next re-introduction day, does it mean I can start including soy with say, gluten free grains? And is it always neccessary to wait the two days in between if my body is ok? I don't plan to introduce all legumes, maybe just the ones that we typically have in our diet like soy. I do miss a good soy sauce with sashimi. I also have an event on Saturday night... :( 

I had to send my mom to the hospital because of a health scare and could not find compliant food in all the food places in the hospital. Found a small cafe and their salad dressing (which I was told was just olive oil and balsamic) turned out sweet. I did a taste dab and it was way sweet. It's amazing how sensitive I am not to any artificial sugars. I asked and they said orange juice but could not tell me if it's real orange juice so I had to pack it and asked for a new salad order with just olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Just thankfulness i can find food!! And very very thankful the health scare turned out to be not serious.