A fresh start on July 31st

rileyspeep

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Friends, 

I am starting my second Whole30 today. My first one was in June, and it was fabulous. I still have a lot of trouble avoiding unhealthy carbs, but I am looking forward to doing another one.  Thanks in advance for the support and community. 

On 7/30/2017 at 4:45 AM, Ejanecek83 said:

I'm going to make sausage today. I have my zoodles spiralized for the week. I will probably have a lot of tuna and spinach salads. I have a lot of ahi tuna in my freezer. I found this recipe that I'm going to try. 

https://www.yummly.co/recipe/Spicy-Tuna-And-Cucumber-Bites-1588224?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seasonal&utm_campaign=Small_Bites&prm-v1

How do you store your spiralized zoodles? 

@ridgemama I found that after I spiralized them to just lay them out on a towel and they them dry. I put them in the fridge with a cover over them. I've done this twice now and they e lasted about five days without getting slimy. I do not recommend the salt tactic that most recipes recommend. 

Hi all - I also started yesterday.  My first Whole30.  Doing it combination with BodyBoss - I had finished the 4 week pre-training and it just so happened that the full on HIIT workouts also started the first day of my Whole30.

I made my first ever homemade mayo and cauliflower rice - both big hits.  Homemade chicken salad (with chicken grilled on the grill) the homemade mayo, apples, and celery over a bed of arugula were just YUM!

Hardest adjustment - no wine....sob!  hoping to hang in there for 30 days.

Good luck to you all.

Day 1 went pretty well, all things considered! Had hard boiled eggs with TJs Everything Bagel seasoning (the best!) as well as some roasted sweet potatoes. For lunch I had salad with rotisserie chicken, bacon, carrots, bell peppers, radishes, and balsamic. Hit the gym after work and had Kahlua pork on cauliflower rice with some mango salsa, which turned out pretty great! I grew up in Florida eating Cuban food, so I loved the Caribbean flavors.

My takeaways from day 1: I didn't pack enough for breakfast, which left me feeling snacky before lunch. Luckily I had a pack of pitted olives which helped, but I upped my breakfast for day 2 by adding a couple pitted dates wrapped in prosciutto. My evening workout was intense, and left me with excercise-induced-nausea. For those not familiar, it's really pesky, and coupled with gulping down too much water between sets, I was dizzy and woozy for hours afterwards. I'm glad I had dinner mostly prepared due to my cookup on Sunday, and am thinking I should always have a ready to go meal like that on gym nights, just in case.

Here's to a great Day 2, everyone!

17 minutes ago, pseudoscientist said:

My evening workout was intense, and left me with excercise-induced-nausea. For those not familiar, it's really pesky, and coupled with gulping down too much water between sets, I was dizzy and woozy for hours afterwards. I'm glad I had dinner mostly prepared due to my cookup on Sunday, and am thinking I should always have a ready to go meal like that on gym nights, just in case.

Here's to a great Day 2, everyone!

Have you tried the pre and/or post workout mini-meals they recommend in the template?

Hi Everyone!! This thread looks so inviting!! Can I join you? I'm actually starting my 2nd Whole30 tomorrow...I wanted to sign up for the newsletters and forgot yesterday, did it today and then it wouldn't let me get them until tomorrow... :) I did my first Whole30 back in 2015...we were trying to get pregnant and I needed to get healthy. Had awesome results! Since then, we were able to get pregnant, had a baby girl and NOW, need to get back on track!

Good morning everyone!

I started yesterday as well but never got a chance to hop on the computer and post anything.  This is my first Whole 30 and I'm definitely excited and nervous to see how I feel over the next 30 days lol!  Day 1 went pretty well all things considered and I'm happy to report I woke up feeling pretty good today.  I work out in the mornings before my little one wakes up and I need to do a better job of planning my pre-workout and post-workout meals.  Just wanted to take a chance to introduce myself as I'm going this alone and could use a little support from others who are also going through this :-)

1 hour ago, pseudoscientist said:

@PearlGirl I haven't seen these! I only own the Whole30 cookbook, but if you can point me in the right direction, I'd really be keen to try it out!

Scroll up to the very top, click on The Whole30, then Whole30 Downloads.  Lots of great info there.

@mcki0133 and @Kungfu_Pamda welcome! We are excited to share this journey with you!

I was able to do little more meal prep before work! The chicken fried cauliflower rice is a delicious meal to take to work with me!

I am already feeling headachey and tired. I remember this feeling from my last Whole30. This, too, shall pass...

I ground my sausage last night and cooked it this morning:)

IMG_2502.JPG

@Ejanecek83 You're so much better than I am! I can't seem to accomplish much in the mornings.  I did make a whole chicken in the crockpot yesterday, and since it's just me, that should keep me going for the better part of the week.  Already I've become aware of how strong my gum addiction was!  I thought I was eating relatively healthy before all this, but I am just so tired.  I can't wait to get my energy back!

I started today.  Tuesday August 1st.  I am hoping to tag along with your group.  My biggest hurdle will be living with 5 teenagers and leaving Diet Coke out of my body.  My girls eat healthy but the boys are growing so fast and are simply carnivores who indulge in junk food.  We will all have an interesting month since I do the shopping!   1:35 pm and I already have a headache.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, pseudoscientist said:

@mamashark5 Welcome, we're happy to have you with us! have you tried La Croix NiCola? It tastes just like coke, but isn't at all. Could help you curb those cravings!

Hi @pseudoscientist - sorry, but I'm almost positive that the lacroix nicola are not compliant. I say almost positive because I can't remember if we received word that they couldn't be on the Whole30 Approved products list or that they weren't compliant at all.

For anyone who is trying to kick a cola addiction, we would not at all recommend that they sub in something that "tastes just like coke". Compliant or not, that sort of subbing is not in keeping with the spirit of the Whole30. 

I'll try and find the official answer but Melissa is on vacation in Norway right now so it could take a while.

Archived