Adding protein and cutting out fruit for weight loss

Would cutting out fruit or taking it down to one serving a day and replacing that fruit with additional protein help me lose weight faster? I currently consume three servings a day, one with each meal. I don't indulge in sweets on a regular basis, just fruit.

I *know* weight loss isn't the only reason for doing the Whole30, however, I'm on day 11, and looking to maximize weight loss. I already feel significantly better and know I want to continue down this road; I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions for maximizing weight loss. Thanks in advance for any help! 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Jordana3185 said:

Would cutting out fruit or taking it down to one serving a day and replacing that fruit with additional protein help me lose weight faster? I currently consume three servings a day, one with each meal. I don't indulge in sweets on a regular basis, just fruit.

I *know* weight loss isn't the only reason for doing the Whole30, however, I'm on day 11, and looking to maximize weight loss. I already feel significantly better and know I want to continue down this road; I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions for maximizing weight loss. Thanks in advance for any help! 

Hey there - The recommendation of fruit is 0-2 servings daily, eaten with a meal, not on its own... often in summer people eat more fruit because it's available, delicious and seasonal.

The Whole30 is an elimination protocol designed to allow you to reintroduce foods after the 30 days to see how certain foods affect you personally.  Often people coming from a Standard American Diet will lose weight from cutting out processed food, fast food, sugar etc... however this is not a weightloss diet and we won't give advice on how to hack it to turn it into a weightloss diet.  The good news is that honoring your body, eating 3 template meals a day spaced 4-5 hours apart is not going to do you any harm and if you have weight to lose, once your body is comfortable that you're feeding it sufficiently and you have no medical issues preventing it, weight will eventually come off.  

The Whole 30 isn't about maximizing and fast tracking weight loss. You can turn this into another diet and even make it keto if you want to.  

Will it change everything for you then?

I've watched many over the years do this. Fast track it, dial it down for a rapid weight loss high. Heckatoot, I've watched some take off over a 100 lbs or more in a year's time, only to come back the next year, rebounding with every single one of those pounds.  Heartbroken.

Desperately seeking how to get their dieting mojo back in gear. Starting over and over and over again.  Doing everything in the name of weight loss that they never wanted to do in the first place.

If what you choose to do is not sustainable 60 or 90 or 300 days down the road..why bother dialing it down and boxing yourself into a corner.  You don't ever have to eat another piece of fruit in your life or any nuts either. But will this cause you to eat donuts and cake or peanut M & M's on Day 31? That is the question.

You choose and you decide.

Archived