Heel Pain & Headaches

I'm on day 16 of my Whole30 and within the first couple of days I started experiencing heel pain(moderate and not going away) & headaches(come and go, every day or two). My eating is very strict to the Whole30, with the exceptions being probably a little too much protein & fruit. Am I in need of supplements? Just started running so the heel pain is a major problem. Thanks for any help!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tommy D said:

I'm on day 16 of my Whole30 and within the first couple of days I started experiencing heel pain(moderate and not going away) & headaches(come and go, every day or two). My eating is very strict to the Whole30, with the exceptions being probably a little too much protein & fruit. Am I in need of supplements? Just started running so the heel pain is a major problem. Thanks for any help!

Okay so if you just started running, it's more than likely that the heel pain is due to the new workouts... there's nothing about eating veggies, protein and fat that is going to cause heel pain.  As far as the headaches, that's probably something we can solve by tweaking your meals but we'd need to know what you've been eating including portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein - it would not be possible for us to say at all whether you need supplements tho... we do believe that eating a variety of foods on the Whole30 gives you more than enough bioavailable vitamins and minerals, however if you're especially deficient in something, you would need tests to determine that and we're not medical professionals so we can't say...lets start with what you've been eating and go from there :)

Thx for the advice on food intake. As for the heel pain, that started on the 2nd or 3rd day and I didn't start running until day 8 or 9. On day 18 and it's still an issue. I've had knee issues from running but never heel pain. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tommy D said:

Thx for the advice on food intake. As for the heel pain, that started on the 2nd or 3rd day and I didn't start running until day 8 or 9. On day 18 and it's still an issue. I've had knee issues from running but never heel pain. 

Hmm... okay so it wasn't running... it's realistically not the food either so a trip to the doctor may be in order, or some very supportive shoes for a while... I know my sister has to wear runners 24/7 now even inside the house due to plantar fasciitis and I'm not far behind thanks to wearing flip flops everywhere... it could just be a thing that is happening at this time and it would have happened regardless of whether you started Whole30 or not... correlation, not causation :)

Archived