Started July 23

copywriteramy

Hello Whole30ers! Today is day one. I have a full 7 days of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) planned out and am feeling pretty good. I tossed my scale, cleaned out the cupboards (much to my husband and daughter's dismay!), made homemade ketchup and raspberry vinaigrette.

I didn't much care for my coffee black, but it's better than no coffee at all haha

And I bought La Croix because sometimes water is boring... and it was gross. I'm hoping after a few days (weeks?) of new eating habits, my tastebuds will change and I might actually like the taste.

Here's to 30 days!

Hi, copywriteramy,

I suggest to try another flavor of Lacroix, because I agree that plain water gets boring.  My favorite Lacroix flavors are the coconut, mango, pink grapefruit, and I think some kind of berry flavor.  (I don't care for the lemon and orange, but that's just me).  Or, you might just try infusing your own water with whatever fruit flavors you like.  Good luck!

My husband and I are starting our 4th Whole 30 on July 25th.

Wendy

• Moderators

I didn't care for LaCroix the first time I tried it, but do like it now. There are some flavors I like better than others -- I can't stand the coconut, but like the grapefruit. I really prefer the Curate line (it's in different boxes, in the tall skinny cans) -- I love the cherry lime flavor. It feels like it has more flavor than the regular ones.

You can also try infusing water -- put some sliced fruit or some herbs into water, let it sit in the fridge overnight, and your water will take on the flavors of whatever you've put in it. If you like cucumber, try a mix of cucumber and either lemon or lime, but just put a couple of slices of cucumber in, because it tends to be very strong in flavor.

My favorite LaCroix flavors are Apricot, Mango, Blackberry Cucumber, and Coconut.  The citrus ones have too much of an ascorbic acid kinda thing going on for me.  There are other brands but they're mainly all citrus flavors and stronger yet. Can't do them, I've tried. I swill LaCroix all of the time now.  I even take one of them to bed, if I'm thirsty in the middle of the night, I swill, swill, swill away. :DI like leaving a few slurps for waking UP. Takes that ole dog breath away.

Archived