Low on energy - please help!

merryandmarried

Hi!  I'm on Day 2 of Whole 30 and I'm running on NO energy.. I'm dragging like there's no tomorrow.  Anything that can help give me a boost of energy?  Before Whole30, I used to drink eBoost drinks daily but I doubt they're Whole30 compliant, right????

And telling me to power through is not exactly an option today because I have A LOT of work and a toddler waiting for me at home.  

Advice, suggestions? 

• Administrators

We don't generally tell people to power through. 

It is impossible for us to offer much feedback given that you haven't indicated what you've been eating, fluids, stress, daily exercise, sleep habits etc. If you can give more detail we might be able to assist. Day 2 is pretty early to be feeling tooooo terribly draggy unless Whole30 is a massive departure from your regular intake. If you used to rely heavily on sugars and caffeine then yes, this is going to be a struggle at first.

I've removed your link as it seems spammy. You'd need to tell us what the ingredients are in the specific product you want to use. I looked on the eboost website and they all appear to contain sweetener at a minimum. Further though, we definitely don't recommend that people use products like this, compliant or not. They are not keeping with the spirit of the program.

Hi Ladyshanny - today I had a Whole 30 salmon patty with two eggs, spinach and avocado for breakfast.  For a midday snack, I had one hardboiled egg.  For lunch at 2:30 p.m. I had Whole 30 compliant beef stroganoff with sweet potatoes and green beans.  Before lunch, I ran a mile and did some minor abwork. 

I've drank about 1/2 a gallon of water so far.  Still sluggish.  Just want to take a nap. zzzzzzz.. 

• Administrators

You may be undereating. Spinach, when it's chewed down or cooked, amounts to very little. The recommendation is 2-3 cups of veggies per meal (cooked or eqivilant). Unless you ate 3 cups of cooked spinach, you are lacking in that department. Mid day snack because you were hungry was a good choice.  What was your fat with your lunch? Was the serving of stroganoff the equivilant of 1-2 palms of ground beef?

What did you eat yesterday? What was your previous diet like? Did you used to rely heavily on these energy drinks? 

Yesterday's intake was almost identical.  No, definitely not three cups of spinach - more like one.  My fat during lunch was just the beef but not a whole palm size.  Before Whole30, I did A LOT of snacking and caffeinated drinks such as Starbucks' refreshers, e-Boost and other energy drinks. 

I think I'm struggling a lot with the larger portions of vegetables and fat.  I guess in my mind I feel like larger portions is overeating, hence my habit of snacking constantly before Whole 30. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, merryandmarried said:

Yesterday's intake was almost identical.  No, definitely not three cups of spinach - more like one.  My fat during lunch was just the beef but not a whole palm size.  Before Whole30, I did A LOT of snacking and caffeinated drinks such as Starbucks' refreshers, e-Boost and other energy drinks. 

I think I'm struggling a lot with the larger portions of vegetables and fat.  I guess in my mind I feel like larger portions is overeating, hence my habit of snacking constantly before Whole 30. 

You're definitely undereating then if you're short to the minimum template guidelines.  It can be difficult to wrap your head around eating 3 meals a day and not snacking but the amount of food we're asking you to eat is not excessive... Keep trying to make those meals match the template.  Always add fat to your meals in the way of mayo, olives, coconut, avocado etc... and try and up those veggies!  You're going to likely experience on the worse end of detox due to the snacking and sugary caffinated drinks you used to rely on... THAT you'll have to power through but eating a sufficient amount including fat is going to make that a heck of a lot easier!

Archived