June 26th Start - REINTRO

nicky05

Hi guys, I created this group so we would have a place to share our reintroductions (whether it be slow roll or scheduled reintro). 

I'm not reintroducing anything today except possibly easing up on the added sugar restriction I have a big exam tomorrow and I have to study and I don't want to feel like crap when I write it! 

Tomorrow night I will reintroduce a glass of wine with my friend at dinner. 

Congrats on finishing! 

I know I'm 5 days ahead, but I was on the thread during the 30. :) 

I reintroduced booze first. I had no issue, except I noticed I didn't want to drink more. I had 1 martini Friday night,  and a glass of wine last night. Def not doing more than 3 drinks at any one time, though maybe 1 will be my limit. The drinks were great, and I am happy to say I wasn't down with the mindless drinking of booze. My wallet is gonna love me ::happiness::

I also reintroduced rice pasta last night at dinner as I adore the Amy's vegan mac and cheeze. Slept through night, felt ok this morning. I worked out and so far so good. I decided not doing beans or dairy. 

My post whole 30 is def a lifestyle change, and I now have a few friends that are gonna do it starting in August.

Be interesting to see what foods have changed for all of y'all!

Stomach is not happy with the increased sugar today. 

Back to Whole30 tomorrow with my glass of wine at dinner. It's a tighter reintroduction than I wanted (added sugar to alcohol) but I'll get back on schedule after tomorrow. This glass of wine will be special and worth it...and if it's not I guess I won't have it. 

Definitely need to start practicing the one bite rule more. 

How are you guys moderating your template meals to incorporate reintroduction foods? Are you just making your portions a little bit smaller than they were on whole30? 

9 hours ago, nicky05 said:

How are you guys moderating your template meals to incorporate reintroduction foods? Are you just making your portions a little bit smaller than they were on whole30? 

When I had the mac and cheeze, I had guacamole and some tomatoes with it. I treated the 'dish' as the protein and veggie..so I basically substituted. I haven't reintroduced anything else yet, food wise. I'm going on vacation next week. Thankfully my brother is a chef and is doing Whole30 for 90 days. He is making dressings and sauces so at my mom's, I'll def be compliant and when we go out I will be as compliant as possible...less the cocktail ;)

Still waking up rested and still not pissy at stupid crap anymore. I will weigh myself on Sat and see how my week has been...if I'm still a mean fat burning machine.

Update: I felt TERRIBLE. 

Last night I had crazy bad indigestion and kept burping and couldn't sleep at all. I fell asleep at 2am and woke up at 6am for my exam today. 

Is that seriously all from sugar? That's terrible. So terrible. I didn't even think I ate that much and it felt like I had been gorging all day and all night. 

Major ice cream HEADACHE this morning.  So much for THAT.

Meals were all over the place today.  Rx bar and cup of coffee with coconut milk for breakfast, kosher roast beef wrapped around jicama sticks and second rx bar for lunch, an apple and glass of almond milk for dinner.

I think that the stupid ice cream nudged the SD...not fully awake, but stirred her.  Nope.  Ice cream is for those times when hub and I happen to be in a shop and he decides we want some.  Not a regular occurrence.

Today is day 30 for me.  I'm so excited I made it.  Hope I can share the re-entry journey here.  I'm going to keep on Whole30 for at least 15 more days.  I am so excited about how this commitment has changed everything about my relationship to food.  It seems like a miracle.  I really am only eating 3 meals a day.  I've given up (completely) my intense eating at night.  I've lost about 10 pounds (I started trying to do Whole30 a couple of weeks before my start date).  I feel great.  I'm getting up early in the morning--something I've always struggled with, and I've gotten on my treadmill 3 days out of the last 4.  Most of all, I'm really enjoying cooking and experimenting with recipes.  I live alone, and have been eating out of microwave boxes for years.  So getting back into cooking, updating everything in my kitchen, and playing with my new food processor are a NEW THING.  I know that when you're stuck, and think keeping on doing the same things in the same ways will not get it.  So this is my new thing, and I'm succeeding.  

But gee, this is a challenge.  I have to work on simplifying this food preparation.  

3 hours ago, FrontierGail said:

Today is day 30 for me.  I'm so excited I made it.  Hope I can share the re-entry journey here.  I'm going to keep on Whole30 for at least 15 more days.  I am so excited about how this commitment has changed everything about my relationship to food.  It seems like a miracle.  I really am only eating 3 meals a day.  I've given up (completely) my intense eating at night.  I've lost about 10 pounds (I started trying to do Whole30 a couple of weeks before my start date).  I feel great.  I'm getting up early in the morning--something I've always struggled with, and I've gotten on my treadmill 3 days out of the last 4.  Most of all, I'm really enjoying cooking and experimenting with recipes.  I live alone, and have been eating out of microwave boxes for years.  So getting back into cooking, updating everything in my kitchen, and playing with my new food processor are a NEW THING.  I know that when you're stuck, and think keeping on doing the same things in the same ways will not get it.  So this is my new thing, and I'm succeeding.  

But gee, this is a challenge.  I have to work on simplifying this food preparation.  

Nice! 

Most things worth having in life are a challenge.  That's why that 10 pounds feels so SWEET!  Keep it going!  Keep it moving!!!  we are WORTH the effort!

How is everyone's reintroduction going?  I had some wine last night and felt okay (yayyyyyy). I thought I would feel the alcohol more, but I drank lots of water and had a nice dinner and all is good. 

Out for dinner tonight again, but back to real Whole30 today. We're going for Mexican food so I know I will be able to make something work. Just so glad I feel better and have found this lifestyle today. It almost seems (dare I say...) easy now? My breakfast is three eggs with greens and sweet potato and that's delicious. I'm happy with that. My lunch is chilli...I'll have to batch cook for the week. It's starting to feel routine and after my experience with sugar I feel this is how I want to eat. 

I still can't get over how terrible I felt on the sugar. Gonna give myself at least two days to fully reset before adding gluten-free grains. I've also decided those bulk "snacks" type foods (like chocolate covered almonds) need to not be in my house. 

Also, the scale addiction is returning again so I need to rein that in. 

Egg salad with avocado mayo and spicy mustard, with baby spinach for breakfast.  Today was last Friday of the month Bagels and jeans day.  Bagels, muffins, danishes, and sugar-laden fruit.  Was not even tempted.  I am most certain that MY breakfast tasted MUCH BETTER than everyone else's breakfast.  :lol:  Fuller longer too!

Caved under peer pressure today for lunch. Wendy's Mediterranean Salad and hald orange cream soda and half seltzer water.  Feeling good so far.

Made more mayo with sunflower oil...yum. Two beef patties with fried green tomatoes...almond meal'd and fried in the beef fat. Back to compliancy. Stressful to go off. This is different. 

Life is gonna be okay.

Well I have spent the last few days with terrible reflux/indigestion. It wasn't some sort of acute, intense pain. It was just low grade and always there. Not happy at all. Still Whole30, taking at least one more day before I try gluten free grains. 

Hi all, day 28 here for me, and not even tempted to slip, so thinking about re-intros.  I guess I'm lucky in an odd way, in that alcohol has much larger issues for me than dietary, so not even going to try that one.  Pretty sure I'm going to do non-gluten grains first, so I am interested in hearing about any other experiences with that.  Probably try added sugar next, then dairy.  Not missing legumes at all so may not even bother with them.  Best to all...

13 hours ago, nicky05 said:

This indigestion is killing me. I don't know what's up. 

Wondering if I should just go back to Whole30 and do a slow roll reintroduction. Anyone have any thoughts? 

That is me today. I had an Amy's no cheese pizza last night and I am still full and just overall uncomfortable...to the point I feel nauseous now, and I ate at 6pm last night. Been drinking chamomile tea all morning. I have yet to have breakfast b/c the thought of eating makes me want to hurl. I've been keeping at the whole30 overall. I decided last night to make something easy b/c I had a lot to get done in the studio. Now I wish I had taken the time to have a compliant meal. Lesson learned.

We took forever and a day to get phones last night.  Ended up with KFC.  I got the grilled, potatoes with no gravy and the greenbeans.  The problem came in when I decided to eat a biscuit.  O M  G.  Would have been halfway okay had it not been for the biscuit.  Good grief.  a rock...boulder...just sitting in my stomach.  All night.  This is REAL.  Once the body is clean, it tells no lies.  some foods are just VILE...

11 minutes ago, nicky05 said:

Indigestion is finally gone today. I did some gluten free grains. I just feel very full and a bit bloated, but not too bad otherwise. At least not yet. That indigestion was bruuuutal. 

Yes...brown rice and corn chips seem to be quietly passing through.  Knee was fine up and down the stairs...no headache...not bloated...it is looking like the only things i will stay away from is cow milk products and the tranquilizer - bread.

Husband asked how i feel after thirty days... :wub: Of COURSE I was happy to tell him... :D Fantastic!

Great feedback, thanks for being guinea pigs lol.  Day 31 here, stayed compliant.  Tomorrow will be non gluten grains - going on a road trip and will have a sandwich with compliant deli meat, avocado, and rice bread whilst on the road.  Home made mayo if I get around to making it tonight.     And maybe a taco salad out somewhere tomorrow night, that does sound kind of good...

Archived