I messed up :(

Yes, I think everyone can say they have experienced something similar. It took me a few tries before making it all the way through 30 days. And good for you for not giving up and starting again! That is something to feel proud about. Life has many ups and downs, so the important thing is to learn from each moment. What could you have done differently instead of running to food after the DMV? Those frustrations aren't going away, the key is finding other things to help you calm down and relax when you need them. 

On 7/26/2017 at 6:14 PM, Mustanglover28 said:

Ugh...

I had 23 days under my belt and I was feeling good, then I threw it all away today because I got aggravated at the DMV so I went off in a big way. I feel disgusting. Tomorrow is day 1. Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh Mustanglover28, I empathize with you entirely! I have spent the last 5 weeks hating the DMV!!! All I wanted to do is scream and indulge on wine, chips, chocolate, and gummy bears! I am on Day 16 of my Whole30 diet and all the ups and downs life brings, I have wanted nothing more than my go to frustration foods! I give you many props for starting over and not just giving up entirely! High-five! I'm sure this is a no-no, but when I have those downs, I have been pouring La Croix flavored sparkling waters into my wine glass and drinking it that way. I'm used to a glass of wine after work with my dinner to calm me down from the work day. It has helped me drinking my water out of that. Try to always remember why you are doing the Whole30 and just as Elizabeth G said, find other things to help calm you. Even try reaching out on these forums! There will always be someone who has gone through what you have in some way, vent and let out those frustrations to strangers who can relate and will listen! :) 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, Mustanglover28 said:

Thank you, you are right. Food is always how I deal with anger and frustration. I should have gotten a foot massage. I am wrapping up day 2 and glad to be back on track. That crappy food and drink made me feel awful.

This sounds like a perfectly wonderful alternative to getting crappy food to make you feel "better"!

Archived