Starting August 7th

PatriciaEimer

August 4th is my grocery shopping for the month payday so I figure that gives me time to clean out my fridge and pantry and have that hard talk with myself about why I have to break up with cheese. (Honestly I can give up everything else and not care but I am seriously going to mourn the death of my relationship with Gouda). I'm nervous but I'm also the heaviest I've ever been, have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, high blood pressure, eczema,  and now my doc has suggested we start "talking about blood sugar maintenance options" so my Gouda-love is just no longer good. Because at 37 I'm too young to be having these convos with my doc. 

So we talked about changing my diet, he recommended Whole30 which is going to be 45 in my case due to lab appts, we did my initial lab work (weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, TSH+3, B12, iron)  and I have committed to working out  and going back and being weighed, squeezed, and stabbed again on Sept 15 to see if there are any (even incremental) changes in the right direction.  

But man telling Gouda we're through is going to be hard

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, PatriciaEimer said:

August 4th is my grocery shopping for the month payday so I figure that gives me time to clean out my fridge and pantry and have that hard talk with myself about why I have to break up with cheese. (Honestly I can give up everything else and not care but I am seriously going to mourn the death of my relationship with Gouda). I'm nervous but I'm also the heaviest I've ever been, have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, high blood pressure, eczema,  and now my doc has suggested we start "talking about blood sugar maintenance options" so my Gouda-love is just no longer good. Because at 37 I'm too young to be having these convos with my doc. 

So we talked about changing my diet, he recommended Whole30 which is going to be 45 in my case due to lab appts, we did my initial lab work (weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, TSH+3, B12, iron)  and I have committed to working out  and going back and being weighed, squeezed, and stabbed again on Sept 15 to see if there are any (even incremental) changes in the right direction.  

Maybe if you try ghosting Gouda... I mean, yes we have to mourn our food choices sometimes but this is only 30 days (45 in your case) and maybe when you do reintroduction you'll find that you can have a bit of Gouda every once in a while.. like friends with benefits ;) 

12 hours ago, PatriciaEimer said:

Hi Patricia,

I am on day 25 (plus I had a couple of weeks of "mostly" compliant eating prior).  With that, I lowered my blood pressure AND got off of medication for it; went from the high end of pre-diabetic to well within normal; and my (mild) eczema has disappeared.  Everyone is different of course, but this program has the potential to make profound changes.  I have gotten to the point where I really love how I am eating, so this is not a "quick fix" for me - I have permanently changed how I eat for the better.

I wish you fantastic results and a good time getting there!

Hey Patricia!

I'm new here too and starting the program on the 7th as well. I'm doing the pantry reload/unload too on the 5th. I'm exciting, nervous and have the fear of failure. I've been reading and researching this program for a while now. I too will be mourning my relationship death with cheese. But, maybe together we can get over the "broken" relationship. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hey guys! I am new here as well and looking for serious change. Like... SERIOUS change. I'm really nervous to start because I have failed so many diets in the past 3.5 years. Excited to commit fully and looking for accountability partners. Starting on the 7th! Look forward to checking in with you all ❤

Archived