Starting 8/1, would love a buddy!

meerkat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

@meerkat and @mcki0133 - that's a symptom of detox... make sure you're drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of bodyweight and make sure you're salting your food!

I just chugged some more water!!

I feel super crappy today...I'm trying to believe it's because of this cold I'm suffering through but hope it's also ridding the toxins in my body with the W30! I feel like I could just go lay in a dark hole for days and sleeeeeep.

How is everyone else?

I'd like to join this too! I started yesterday (8/2) and so far feeling groggy but otherwise okay. @meerkat I had an ED many years ago (like around 15 yrs ago) but it was so horrible and traumatic that now anytime I lose weight due to stress, cutting back on alcohol, etc I actually get anxiety about it. Doing the whole 30 I'd like to lose a few pounds just to be at a healthy weight but I'm also worried about those feelings coming up. It's good to remember that you are NOURISHING  your body, which is a beautiful thing and something I'm going to remind myself everyday, to sooth the anxious feelings and also to stay motivated. :) 

also try nutpods! the french vanilla one is my favorite. you can get a variety pack on amazon for $14. 

eating fat at every meal and potatoes once a day really helped with my energy level last time, so doing that again and feeling okay so far. workout at the gym was sub-par yesterday, but was proud of myself for going (even if my ellipticaling was half-assed!)

it'll get better!

45 minutes ago, Lunarose said:

I'd like to join this too! I started yesterday (8/2) and so far feeling groggy but otherwise okay. @meerkat I had an ED many years ago (like around 15 yrs ago) but it was so horrible and traumatic that now anytime I lose weight due to stress, cutting back on alcohol, etc I actually get anxiety about it. Doing the whole 30 I'd like to lose a few pounds just to be at a healthy weight but I'm also worried about those feelings coming up. It's good to remember that you are NOURISHING  your body, which is a beautiful thing and something I'm going to remind myself everyday, to sooth the anxious feelings and also to stay motivated. :) 

Yes, totally. I really struggle with being aware that I am objectively maybe 10 pounds heavier than the healthy weight I feel best at, and not getting ED-related anxiety when trying to lose that weight. That's part of why I love Whole 30 because it doesn't involve any of the habits I used to rely on, but it is still a tricky thing. We got this!!!

Hi everyone! I have the same start date as the rest of you and hope it's okay for me to join this thread. :) Boy, my day two was fairly easy--just a bit of fatigue--so I thought I was in the clear. Then this morning hit like a ton of bricks. I feel almost like I have vertigo, I'm so groggy and unsteady. Also parched. I have a bona fide sugar addiction, so I'm not surprised I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms, I just didn't think they'd be this intense. I'm also struggling with snacking on fruit to stave off sugar cravings. I know snacking isn't really allowed on the program and to do so is just giving into and perpetuating my sugar cravings, but I still feel like eating fruit all the time. How is everyone else faring with the sugar dragon?

Hello all. I started my very first whole 30 on the 1st of this month, so, on day four. I started it because I'd heard so much about it. I'd talk about a diet, cutting sugar, but then just lapse. I figured it'd be good to challenge myself. I am in control of my body, what I put in my mouth! I'm looking forward to seeing how this makes me feel through the whole process. So far, so good. I miss tortilla chips; I make lots of salsa and guacamole and then I wish I had a crunchy chip! Today though, I made an avacado salad (just avacado, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cilantro, lime juice) put it on top of some chicken and mixed greens. My husband suggested I try salsa on a baked potato. And I'm off....

Hey all! This thread is helpful to me. I started on Aug 2 and am on day 3. my emotional eating had really gotten out of control so I'm here and excited to reset, slay the sugar dragon, and figure out a way to establish healthy eating  

How are we all doing this morning? The grumps have finally hit...I am in a BAD mood. And stressed about the weekend - my social circle is definitely pretty drinking-centric, so this will be a challenge for sure. Is weed Whole 30 compliant?! :blink:

1 hour ago, meerkat said:

How are we all doing this morning? The grumps have finally hit...I am in a BAD mood. And stressed about the weekend - my social circle is definitely pretty drinking-centric, so this will be a challenge for sure. Is weed Whole 30 compliant?! :blink:

Lol...I'd say yes, though it does frown on wine and tobacco, I'd just be worried about munchies!

Started myself on 7/31 along with my wife. For me I'm kicking some bad habits (smoking and fairly regular heavy drinking). Had a wicked headache on Day 2 but expected given my lifestyle going in. I like waking up knowing I am going to be clean and sober and it's not even a question or a struggle I have to have with myself because I'm very much a rules person.

I've also been a person who didn't eat during the day except for coffee (thankfully always black anyways) and then binged at night on one giant meal. So 3 meals has been a transition, but actually I'm finding more and more that I'm looking at the clock for mealtime not because I have hunger pangs but because I am excited about what I get to eat because it actually makes me feel good. Maybe I'm weird?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, meerkat said:

This thread discusses weed in the medicinal sense.  Smoking weed instead of drinking with your social circle is obviously not in the spirit of Whole30 but as it is not technically a food, we don't really have rules around it.  Be VERY careful tho because the 'munchies' side effect of weed are real and they are EXTREMELY hard to fend off... 

4 hours ago, meerkat said:

I'm going to a concert tonight at the county fair.  Oy....Fair fooooooood!!!!!!  I'm packing a few compliant snacks and am planning on eating my dinner before I go.  Will be a good test for sure!!

I hear you about being grumpy.  It's bad.  I lost it last night on my husband.  LOL!  And he is doing this with me!!!!  I just feel like I live in the kitchen and I'm sick of it.  I'm prepping food, cooking food, cleaning up food, doing way more dishes, packing breakfast and lunches for the next day, thinking about what meat I need to take out of the freezer for dinner the next night.  It's exhausting.

1 hour ago, Virgomom said:

I just feel like I live in the kitchen and I'm sick of it.  I'm prepping food, cooking food, cleaning up food, doing way more dishes, packing breakfast and lunches for the next day, thinking about what meat I need to take out of the freezer for dinner the next night.  It's exhausting.

Totally. I did a TON of meal prep Sunday and still felt this way. But I will say, having most of the parts of meals assembled in advance is soooo helpful. I basically just have to toss a salad with a sliced up avocado, or dump some chicken and veggies in a bowl with a sweet potato, and bam, lunch!

Hi All!  I also started on Aug 1st, so that makes it Day 4 for me.  I was a bad eater when I started, so I am paying the price.  I have had a headache every day, and starting on Day 2 muscle aches, fatigue and digestive discomfort.  None of this is unexpected and in fact, I just think it is my body working thru the issues.  My husband has joined me on this and he is a great cook, so is handling the food which is a great gift for me.  

This is my first Whole30 and hubby's as well, so we are really looking forward to success.  I look forward to hearing how you all are doing and sharing travails and tips.  

It's day 4 for me - still no headaches or food cravings, but my anxiety has been really bad yesterday and today..not even about food, just general life stuff. :( hoping it passes soon! Also experiencing loss of appetite, but I think it is due to the anxiety. Sugar is a helluva drug! Gonna keep on keeping on. I printed out the whole 30 timeline calendar and put it on my fridge so I can mark of each day with a large X, and I signed up for the daily newsletter. These, along with the forum, have been super helpful for staying motivated! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, meerkat said:

How are we all doing today? It's the freakin weekend! Wound up watching a movie in with my roommates last night, which made things super easy, and just cooked up three eggs in olive oil this morning! :)

Where were your veggies and fat?  Don't forget those guys!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Draya said:

About to do a bad thing! (Maybe)

I've frozen some pomegranate juice and blueberries to drop into a grapefruit la Croix.  It sounds awesome to me..but is it too much of a sweet treat?

Please don't cross post in multiple threads.  I've answered your question on your other thread.  The moderators are all volunteers and it's excess work for us to respond to mulitple posts about the same question.  Thanks :)

Archived