Does this require a restart??

Hi all. On Day 1 I made the Protein Salad from the Whole30 book and accidentally used lemon juice with metabisulfite in it (the recipe called for 2 tablespoons). I ate this protein salad for quite a few of my lunches the first week and then on day 7 I ate a few apple slices with lemon juice on them. I didn't realize until day 8 that I was using juice with metabisulfites! I'm so frustrated and really don't want to start over. Do this really merit a re-start? I'm not sure since it was in such a small quantity... Also, I'm doing this program mainly to increase energy and hopefully clear up some acne, not for stomach problems or anything like that-- not sure if that's relevant but thought I'd add that in just in case.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks so much.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, CatElliott said:

Hi all. On Day 1 I made the Protein Salad from the Whole30 book and accidentally used lemon juice with metabisulfite in it (the recipe called for 2 tablespoons). I ate this protein salad for quite a few of my lunches the first week and then on day 7 I ate a few apple slices with lemon juice on them. I didn't realize until day 8 that I was using juice with metabisulfites! I'm so frustrated and really don't want to start over. Do this really merit a re-start? I'm not sure since it was in such a small quantity... Also, I'm doing this program mainly to increase energy and hopefully clear up some acne, not for stomach problems or anything like that-- not sure if that's relevant but thought I'd add that in just in case.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks so much.

Sulphites are extremely problematic, however the decision is yours whether to restart.  There's an article linked in my signature below called 'Do I really have to start over?'.  Feel free to take a read and then decide.

Archived