1st Time Completing Round 1 of Whole30!

biglasheswidehips

Hello! Today is day 30 of my first round of the whole30. I was first introduced to the program by my dad who is 4 months in and has lost 40lbs! He’s not into sharing personal info on the internet so I’d thought I’d throw his accomplishment in here! Maybe someone else will find that as impressive as I do. c;

But I started my first round of whole30 30 days ago and honestly I can’t believe I’m writing this post claiming that like many of your beautiful dolls I went in determined and came out on top! So first things first. I didn’t weigh myself before starting the whole30. Why? I’m 25 and the last time I stepped on a scale back in Feb 2017 I saw the three number 2 1 7. I fell into a depression up until my college graduation, June 2017.

I relocated for work with my degree and instead of enjoying the beautiful big city I’m currently in I’d sit inside my apartment and order burgers with fries. Then a few weeks later a beautiful box showed up in my mailbox, my dad has delivered the Whole30 book to me as a birthday gift! I was so excited, I devoured the book in 2 days and mentally started the Sunday after my birthday.
The first week I struggled. I struggled with my coffee addiction. My happiness at the time depended on having an iced americano with 2 pumps of vanilla and a splash of cream, venti. But I said no. I will have black coffee. I gagged. Like gag me with a silver spoon, so grody! But I came to love my morning black cup of coffee! I also made sure not to have more than 2 cups and all before noon. I was coming down from having about 6-10 shots a day.

Two years ago after gaining 40lbs in 1 year my doctor thought I maybe gluten intolerant. Well guess who found out they are gluten intolerant? This girl! I have so many anaphylactic allergies to food that I never considered other side effects of intolerances and found a heap full from this program. From cumin spice to peach and plum skin. I also found a new found love for occasional coconut milk in my coffee which makes my weekend mornings spent with the Golden Girls even better.
I also found that I hate to eat out now, I’d rather offer to make a huge dinner for 4 than try guess what maybe in my food when it comes to me.
On day 26 I woke up with the feeling of a flu that hit me so hard I literally had to use my nightstand to help pull myself out of bed. I had gone out the night before and had rainbow trout that was ‘supposedly’ cooked in olive oil and that was it. Well I made sure to ask all the right questions but my waiter failed to tell me that the restaurant used MSG in all their meals, so guess who has an allergy to MSG, this girl!

I also had huge rashes under my arms, throught to be eczema that appeared around March 2017, my rashes that kept me up for countless nights were gone. My eczema from my youth on my face is almost completely gone too. Though I didn’t weigh myself, my torrid jeans became so big they were falling off my hips and I was able to drop down to a size 15, none torrid! So I’m slowly wiggling back into my old clothes.

I feel like Carrie Bradshaw writing all this, but I just thought I’d share my story!

This maybe a little OCD but I started a google spread sheet halfway through my whole30. I did this to keep track of that rash I had mentioned. But this was also when I saw the overall journey laid out and connected certain reactions to certain foods I had during the week. I typically don’t write down everything I eat but if I notice a drastic change or a discomfort I make sure to write it in this spreadsheet, it worked for me when it came time to connect the dots. Who knew I’d be allergic to cilantro?!
I know tomorrow is the introduction phase but I think I’m going to keep jamming out to the Thompson Twins and power through another round of whole30.

I feel fab, I feel like I could kick booty and I feel proud of my new found lifestyle.
I’m so happy to have my dad and his support through this journey too. I really don’t think I couldn’t  of started this without him. So kudos to you dad! xoxo
If anyone has any advice or comments/feedback please let me know!

15 minutes ago, biglasheswidehips said:

Hello! Today is day 30 of my first round of the whole30. 

I feel fab, I feel like I could kick booty and I feel proud of my new found lifestyle.

Everything about your post delights me! I am so excited for you, @biglasheswidehips. Won't it be awesome a year from now, to see how all these positive changes along with the elimination of allergens affects you? Boo Yah!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, biglasheswidehips said:

I have so many anaphylactic allergies to food that I never considered other side effects of intolerances and found a heap full from this program.

You've found anaphylactic reactions to foods you've been eating in the past that you thought were just intolerances?  Do you carry an Epi-pen now?? 

13 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You've found anaphylactic reactions to foods you've been eating in the past that you thought were just intolerances?  Do you carry an Epi-pen now?? 

I have a list of foods that I've had anaphylactic reactions too prior to the whole30 and carry an epi-pen on me daily. My anaphylactic allergies begin with foods that I am able to eat regularly with no reaction and then over time I begin to develop heaviness of breathing with eventual closing of the throat. The foods I discovered I have anaphylactic reactions to from this round of whole30 were things I didn't consume regularly but decided to incorporate into my daily diet on the whole30 due to the recipes. Cilontro, peach and plum skin, and cumin are just a few things I discovered made me react this way. c: Since I know the signs of anaphylactic shock I was able to avoid using my epi-pen and took other allergenic medicine to help open my throat and tone down the swelling plus stop consuming the food the moment I notice these symptoms. They usually happen a few minutes after consumption. (part of the reason I'm a slow eater now) c:

Archived