Jessica Marche

I have endometriosis: Looking for suggestions for food that's easy on the stomach

3 posts in this topic

Hello! Warning: this is gonna be long! 

I have just recently (one month ago) been diagnosed with endometriosis but I suspect that I have had it for 15 years (that's when my symptoms started). I am 28 years old. The end is my main reason for doing the whole 30. I am on day 4 and really loving it so far, the food tastes amazing and I love cooking so that part has been very enjoyable. The issue is, I am currently on my period therefore my endo symptoms are in full force. One of my most annoying symptoms is that I get very severe stomach bloating (I truly look 6 months pregnant) and stomach pain, and it flares up the worst when I eat. I have been having these symptoms for about a year, so way before I started the whole 30. I have been following the meal plan in the whole 30 book for the first week pretty closely but here is exactly what I've eaten: 

- Day 1: (1) 2 scrambled eggs, half and avocado, 2 tablespoons salsa fried in liquid coconut oil (2)protein salad (tuna, grapes, almonds, homemade mayo) and spinach (3) ground chicken with italian seasoning tomato sauce and spaghetti squash.

- Day 2: (1) leftover spaghetti squash, tomato sauce, with a fried egg on top (fried in ghee) (2) Protein salas (as above) with spinach and a few pieces of orange bell pepper (3) seared chicken breast (in ghee), roasted potatoes and tomato (ghee), cabbage slaw, and roasted red pepper mayo.

- Day 3: Was in severe pain that day. Woke up at 6:00am drank water and took pain killers. Slept till 12:30. Ate left over roasted veggies and a small amount of chicken breast with a fried egg on top (ghee) . Ate a nectarine around 5. And then ate dry rub steak, sautéed beat greens with garlic and ghee, mashed sweet potatoes with caramelized onions. 

- Day 4(today): (1) left over mashed sweet potatoes, fried egg (coconut oil) and 1 cup cantaloupe. 

The bloating was awful after dinner on night 2, bad after dinner on night 3 but not as painful. I know cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, can cause bloating and cramping, and they do in me even when I'm not on my period, so I am going to avoid those. 

My question is: Does anyone else on here suffer from endometriosis? What would be some soothing meals for my stomach that can help get me though my periods?

Thanks in advance!

Have you ever tried drinking peppermint tea after your meals? I don't have endometriosis but I suffer from IBS-C and peppermint tea is a lifesaver for me. It reduces my bloating and also soothes the stabbing pains I sometime get.