Cashews and peanut oil- OOPS!

Ferguson

I just realized that the cashews I've been eating have peanut oil on them.  I'm on day 13 and I feel incredibly discouraged to think think that the past... nearly 2 weeks,  have been for nothing. This being a total accident,  is it necessary to start over. I've had nightmares about accidentally eating something I'm not supposed to and now it's happened. I'm not going lie... I cried a little. 

6 hours ago, Ferguson said:

I just realized that the cashews I've been eating have peanut oil on them.  I'm on day 13 and I feel incredibly discouraged to think think that the past... nearly 2 weeks,  have been for nothing. This being a total accident,  is it necessary to start over. I've had nightmares about accidentally eating something I'm not supposed to and now it's happened. I'm not going lie... I cried a little. 

@Ferguson, I sooooooo feel your pain. I have had some setbacks like this. And I try not to think of it as 'starting over' but instead I figure I owe it to myself to 'begin again,' because if I just press on through without giving my body the full 30 days on whole foods, I'm really robbing myself of the chance to get the full benefit. My first round of Whole30 revealed that I am intolerant to peanuts, peanut butter, and peanut oil. I never had known this, and having been a vegetarian for many years until just recently, peanuts had been a regular source of protein/fat for me. The intolerance explained some of the issues I'd been sort of blind to. Sorry to ramble. It's your decision, but I do think your reintroduction will be more useful to you if you begin again now. :)

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Gee, I''m really sorry that happened to you!  Reading labels on everything we eat is key but it's a tough lesson to learn this way. Unforuntely @SweetEnough is right, peanuts can be very disruptive (I think we all know that about peanuts) and if your intent on the Whole30 was to find out how foods affect you and do reintroduction, 13 days of peanuts is really going to be problematic to the overall success of the reintroduction period.

There's an article linked in my signature below called 'Do I really have to start over'.  Read it and see, but please read it with an open mind and a truthful heart about why you started this journey and what you hope to get out of it.

Archived