Should I start reintroduction even if I have little results to compare it to?

I am on Day 27 and am seeing less-dramatic results then what is described in ISWF and TW30. My goals in completing the program were to clear up facial breakouts and redness, reduce or eliminate some joint pain, fix some gut issues (bloating and stomach pain), reduce severe PMS symptoms, and, yes, lose some weight. So far skin has cleared up somewhat, joint pain has improved, gut issues have not bothered me since starting, crazy PMS lady has not reared her ugly head (yet...knock on wood), and weight loss has been minimal (disappointing but not the sole reason I'm doing W30). The thing I'm most happy with up to this point is the zero food shame/guilt I feel. That alone is worth it!!! Needless to say, no Tiger Blood...yet. Here is my question...since I'm not exactly feeling the "Tiger Blood" and my goals are only somewhat achieved, should I start reintroduction eventhough my results are more subtle? I'm very curious and a bit excited to see what foods effect me and how...I'm just worried that I will reintroduce a food group and not be able to notice it's effect. I do not mind extending my W30 at all and am very happy with what and how I'm eating. I just don't want to sabotage the progress I have made (eventhough I still have a ways to go). OR do you think the results I'm seeing are indeed enough to start reintroduction and be able to notice a difference?

• Moderators

You might notice effects when you reintroduce something, even though you feel like you aren't seeing huge changes. It's also possible if you kept going for another week or two, you'd see more changes.

And that's not very helpful, is It? 

This is really up to you. If it were me, I might take a look at the calendar and, keeping in mind that reintroductions take 10-14 days or so, figure out if I have anything scheduled that I need to be sure I'm done in time for, like a wedding or vacation or something where you may not be able to control your food options. If you have plenty of time and you're okay with continuing on whole30, you could go for another week, see if you notice any more changes, and then re-evaluate whether it's time to start reintros. 

Or you could go ahead and do reintros now and go back to either strict whole30 or whatever plan you come up with for yourself going forward.

Thanks for the help. I was thinking that I might extend just to see if things continue to change for the better. The more I read, the more I am seeing that this is the advice. Everyone is different and results are going to vary. Right now, it's been back and forth. One day I feel great, the next, not so much. I really want to consistently feel good so when I do start to reintroduce, the comparisons are more noticeable. That way there is no doubt as to whether a certain food is worth it or not. 

• Moderators

If you want some feedback about your meals, to see if there's anything that you might change up to improve your results, you could list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes as it relates to the meal template, along with anything you're doing as far as exercise and any pre- or post-workout meals you're having. 

Thanks ShannonM816 : )  It looks like I will have to extend my W30...my Dr. suggested I take a supplement called Biotin. I had been taking  the supplement for about a week. Just yesterday I happened to look at the ingredients...soybean oil and soy lecithin. Needless to say, I was pretty upset especially since yesterday was day 28...and kicking myself for not thinking to check before I purchased an $11 bottle of pills. Anyway, here is what I ate yesterday...

I woke to eat 1/2 portion of egg casserole made with veggies (onion, tomato, and mushrooms cooked in bacon fat ) spinkled with a bit compliant bacon as a pre-workout meal. Did 30 minutes of yoga then ate the other half of the casserole with a serving of kale and a glass of  Kombucha (not my usual pre and post workout meal...keep reading). Lunch was 3 leftover W30 meatballs and some chicken covered in W30 tomato sauce and a serving of kale. I felt a little hungry before lunch and ate homemade plantain chips (probably the equivalent of one plantain-which is a lot). Dinner was piccadillo (ground beef cooked with pepper and onion, olives, and raisins) over cauliflower coconut rice. I drink water throughout the day (try to get 75 oz. or more) and have black coffee with breakfast and a glass of Kombucha between breakfast and lunch. My meals are filling and keep me satisfied to the next for the most part. Sometimes I'll eat a handful of pistachios or macadamia nuts with a couple dates and/or prunes if I get hungry. I have to admit that there have been a few occasions when I eat the nuts and dried fruit even though I'm not hungry. I am just fulfilling the urge to eat something (that urge has been the hardest habit to kick...I don't necessarily crave anything...I just want to eat). I do exercise daily for 30 minutes in the morning. Everday is a different workout (21Day Fix exercise program-I LOVE it!!). Since I workout so early in the morning (5 am) it is hard to stomach much. Before W30, I would eat a slice of Ezikiel bread with natural peanut butter (this is the one thing I truly miss from my pre-W30 ways...). I replaced that pre-workout meal by making these bars that that are kind of like homemade Larabars. They are made of ground walnuts, dates, coconut, raisins and a bit of water to make it all stick. I eat a bar with a cup of black coffee and a glass of water before I workout (For the next batch I make, I would like to use egg white instead of the water for a little added protein). After my workout, 5:30/6:00 am) I'll eat breakfast which usually consists of veggies cooked in ghee with two eggs and a glass of water. That keeps me satisfied until lunch. 

Thanks for taking a look!! I keep a journal to track my meals and how I feel. Still no Tiger Blood...and the accidental soy is the only time I wasn't compliant to my knowledge. 

Archived