Starting 8/28 Excited

Scott W

I am reading "It Starts With Food" and think a better title would have been Scared Straight LOL

I am looking forward to getting my weight in check but after reading through the books I am even more excited about the health changes.  I am familiar with the Paleo diet but never really fully understaood the "Why?"  The  Why is very compelling.

I am not used to spending much time preparing foods so this will definitely be an adjustment but it seems like it will be worth it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Scott,

The "why" is very compelling and once it makes sense (logically), it's so much easier to stay committed to the program because you know how GOOD it will be for your health. This is my first Whole30 and I really love it.  It was a bit challenging for me to get started (planning, preparation, shopping, reading labels, etc.) but it's so worth it.  Best of luck to you!

11 hours ago, imaginepilates said:

Hi Scott,

The "why" is very compelling and once it makes sense (logically), it's so much easier to stay committed to the program because you know how GOOD it will be for your health. This is my first Whole30 and I really love it.  It was a bit challenging for me to get started (planning, preparation, shopping, reading labels, etc.) but it's so worth it.  Best of luck to you!

Thank you, I wish you the best too.

I'm back to it on Tuesday 29th - I crashed off my last attempt after 17 days but this will be my third whole 30. My problem is that I don't have strong negative reactions to particular foods and have drifted back into poor eating (and drinking) choices. When I stay close to template I feel infinitely  better but it's so easy to forget feeling less than great, especially when it creeps up so gradually....

Hi! I'm new here and plan on starting 8/27, I'm happy to see that others will be starting around the same time. We should have an accountability check-in to keep us all motivated. What do you think the hardest thing to give up will be? For me, it will be dairy - I love cheese. LOVE it. Sugar will be tough too. Bread and grains I don't care much about. I'm armed with my W30 mayo recipe and some ghee and I'm ready to rock. I'm hoping the bulletproof coffee is as good as it sounds.  Best of luck W30'ers - we can do this!

Well good luck to you.  I don't know if you read the book, "it starts with food" but I think there is a whole chapter on One's approach and attitude towards actually eating (apart from the actual food itself). If you haven't read it, you may want to consider reading it.

good luck!

I am starting tomorrow with you guys, too. It will be my third....just need to reset from summer...bad habits creeping back in and I want to get back on track. Excited about this one as I was training for a half marathon during my previous two...and the tiger blood was a bit elusive. I want to see how this goes with my steady regular workout regimen. 

Actually just realized I have been completely compliant today.  Thought about calling it day one, but I think I will have my final glass of wine with our end of summer dinner tonight. Good luck to you all. Get some prep in today? I believe someone should start every Whole30 with......"Ladies and gentlemen....start your dishwashers...."

I was going to start with the September 1 group, but just this weekend thought "why wait?".  So I'll start tomorrow. I did some shopping and cleaned out my fridge. I've done a few W30's so this is familiar territory. I just feel the need to clean up some habits I've slipped into - and to slip into a few pairs of jeans that have gotten tighter!  I'm also looking for a bit of an energy boost. I really do feel so much better when I take care of myself with good food. A major goal is to do this simply. I don't buy a lot of specialty items: ghee, as it's a staple for me when I learned dairy is not my friend and coconut aminos, as I do love simple stir fries and the coconut aminos make them taste special. Oh, and I do like kombucha!

Wishing you all the best!

How's everyone going? It's 1.30pm on the 28th here and to be honest I'm already grumpy about this whole thing! I've wanted to do this since the beginning of July but we had so many other commitments it had to be put off. Now I've sort of lost momentum. BUT I would like to have another baby and had gestational diabetes with my first, so I know I need to get my blood sugar under control before getting pregnant again. 

Hi all. I too am starting today so it's good to know you're all with me! :P I attempted a Whole 30 in June but had to quit three weeks in due to insomnia (3 hours sleep a night for three weeks) I wasn't sure if it was the whole 30 or medication I was on. Well I have sorted my sleep so just am attempting another month of whole 30. My body LOVED it last time, so I am really excited for it this time! 

Best of luck, is it ok to check-in now and again in this thread with you all? 

Dawn xx

So far so good although I did have a lingering thought of some comfort food yesterday.

i was thinking that with a lot of things a person may want to achieve require positive action such as the performance in a job.  In this case it is just not doing something namely eating bad food choices.  It is hard to believe you can anticipate such great things by simply not doing something.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:18 PM, Scott W said:

Welcome, I need to drop about 60 lbs (not expecting that in 30 days) but after reading through the books I am really convicted that my health is in bad shape so I am really glad to have come across this.

Hi Scott - I have lost over 40 lbs in about 3 months.  I finished a whole 30 successfully and continue to eat 90% plus compliant.  I also reduced my blood pressure while getting off of medication for it, went from pre-diabetic to completely normal blood sugar, and had other measurable health gains.  I mostly don't miss non-compliant foods.  Certain things still SOUND good, but not having them is not too big of a sacrifice.  There are plenty of things I eat that I absolutely love.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, Sue T said:

I'm starting on 8/28 too!!  Super PUMPED to start eating clean, and killing my diet coke habit!!

Hi Sue - I have killed my Diet Dr Pepper habit - and that was one of the hardest things to give up at first! - but after, I dunno, 2-3 weeks I started not missing it.   SO glad not to be putting that list of chemicals into my body anymore.

Welcome!

I started yesterday, and this is my first time on Whole30. Today I have been craving chocolate ever since I got out of bed this morning. I guess one big reason is that I had very light lunch at work yesterday, had a nice dinner at 7 pm and didn't have any late night snack or mini meal even though I had decided to. Oh, and another reason must be all the chocolate we have at work. It can be found everywhere and we're allowed to have it almost as much as we can eat it. Luckily I have the next two days off! Well, I woke up this morning hungry as a wolf, and it has been going on for hours. I'm hungry, I eat and BOOM - almost immediately I'm hungry again. It's the hunger that causes most of the cravings I'm having and it's hard to extuingish since I didn't eat enough yesterday. Eating properly and ENOUGH goes a long way, it does!

35 minutes ago, Scott W said:

Hi Suski

are you sure you are eating enough?  Perhaps you may want to eat some more protein and fat or load up on some green veggies.  

Hang in there ...

Well, I suppose all the ingredients are ok and nutritious enough, but perhaps portions could be slightly larger at the beginning. Here's what I've been eating.

Breakfast on Monday, muffins including organic free range eggs and organic pork, drop of coconut oil and chives on top

eggmuffins.jpg.9ffb778d79371f7fdb14422e5f814390.jpg

Monday's lunch was the poor one, I forgot my optimized lunch at home so I had carrots, almonds, strawberries, small amount of ham and an apple for lunch. Dinner was some burgers and home made guacamole.

holymole.jpg.5ecb05b858b73251418c95d9d075f919.jpg

Today's breakfast was 4 thins slices of organic bacon and some of that guacamole (I got hungry again really quick)

59a57ed02ba1e_baconsammies.jpg.7a6da9a14613a5ea00cd4739706ff714.jpg

Lunch was green chicken curry with green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, one tablespoon of sunflower seeds sprinkled on top.  Portion size seemed to be ok but after an hour I was hungry again.

chickengreencurry.jpg.f0d492763449ccc4bb43e2148734721c.jpg

Sorry, but I tend to photograph most of my cooking and eating for my blog, just in case if something turns out so spectacular I just might want to have it again. Oh, and to keep up with how certain kinds of food make me feel, the cravings, hunger etc. :ph34r:

Archived