August 14th Start Date

Teatsie

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2017 at 9:55 AM, aug2017w30 said:

Happy Day 7 indeed.  I am still struggling to find a good balanced breakfast due to my egg allergy . But other than that things are looking pretty on par.  7 days sticking to a plan this has been the first in a looooong time. Thank you for your support.

aug2017w30 - I came across this thread and thought of you:  

On 8/20/2017 at 0:52 PM, Rottiegirl2017 said:

Good morning and Happy Day 7!!  

I'm still going strong and feeling great.  Breakfast yesterday was an omelet with sauteed spinach, avocado & Tamatio with some grapes, and coffee w/Nutpods Vanilla Creamer.  

I gotta try these Nutpods!  Worth it?  

Y'all!  One week done for me today!  And it was not easy being at a theme park for 7.5 hours either!  I am feeling great!  And I have a lot of time for cooking since my husband is loving all the time I am devoting to Whole30 (and not other things I should be doing! ha!).

I was able to finally simplify breakfasts and lunches for the most part.  I haven't done any meal planning for the next few days so I will need to do that tomorrow morning.  Friends seem to be supportive about it.  I want to do a one week weigh-in so badly.  I don't think I will ever not be motivated by scale numbers.  I've been overweight/obese my whole life.  

Thoughts on the scale?  I can ignore it all month, but I don't see myself breaking my attachment to it.    

Sorry to post my blog again, but that's where I put all the recipes/details.  Check it out if you'd like. 

15 minutes ago, aug2017w30 said:

Thank you for the post  Rottiegirl2017 .

Its 8 days since we started our journey and so glad to see there are many of us still here.   And the support has been tremendous. Today Steamed Kale, pineapple and  W30 compliant sausage for breakfast. How is everyone else doing ?

Good morning! Where did you get your W30 compliant sausage/what brand are you using? That sounds delicious! Have a great day!

5 hours ago, Alex406 said:

Good morning! Where did you get your W30 compliant sausage/what brand are you using? That sounds delicious! Have a great day!

Its the Brat Hans Spicy Cilantro Chicken sausage . Got it from Whole foods. All ingredients seem to be W30 compliant. Its says 0 sugar as well.

For lunch , I made cauliflower/brocolli chicken rice, seasoned with turmeric, cumin, coriander powder in  a 2 tsp of ghee . and had some cucumber salad (small sliced cucumber in just sea salt and lime)

Also was wondering if someone thinks this recipe is W30 compliant. It consists of potato and onions cooked in coconut milk with ginger and salt . We call it potato stew. We add coriander leaves for flavor at the end. I am so ensure how much of cooking is permitted so wanted to check.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, aug2017w30 said:

Also was wondering if someone thinks this recipe is W30 compliant. It consists of potato and onions cooked in coconut milk with ginger and salt . We call it potato stew. We add coriander leaves for flavor at the end. I am so ensure how much of cooking is permitted so wanted to check.

So is this a soup dish or a starchy side dish or??  it looks fine if it's just the ingredients that you've listed.

I don't understand the 'unsure of how much cooking is permitted' question, can you clarify?

It's been an interesting day.  I woke up at 5:15 without a problem.  Got up and got my workout done.  After my workout, I had a boiled egg white and a few bites of the Crispy Zoodles I made last night.  Yummy.  Normal morning – dogs, kids, carpool then came home and made myself a spinach, avocado and Tapatio omelet.  With that I had some blueberries and my coffee with Nutpod Creamer.  I did have a tad a bit of a headache so I took some Excedrine.  As the morning went on, I started feeling a little quesy and just a bit off.

For lunch, I had pork carnitas (yes I still have leftovers!), ¼ sweet potato, some avocado and watermelon cubes.  Well, let's say,  I could barely finish 1/2 of the pork and sweet potato.  Finally wrapped it up and put it in the refrigerator for later.  After lunch, I am still not feeling well.  Headache is worse, quesy, lightheaded, and mouth is watery…….UGH. 

I wouldn't compare it to a traditional hangover, but I guess it could be equated to the W30 hangover??  I certainly wasn't expecting this at Day 8.........anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

Becoming Brooklynn - I didn't think about a possible reaction to Excedrin!  I've never experienced that before, but that could make sense given all the changes.   I ended up getting my monthly "blessing" yesterday afternoon, then I felt GREAT.  So, I thought perhaps that had something to do with it.  When I was a kid, I would get so nauseas I would pretty much end up fasting for 3 days.  Great thing is - I had NO cramps or backache - which normally taunt me for a week before I start.

Dinner was super late - after 8pm.  Grilled chicken, avocado and broccoli.  My younger daughter had softball tryouts and my older daughter had cheer practice, so I was running around from 4:30 - 8pm.  I thought ahead put a sliced up an apple with some almond butter in a container and brought it with me.  I also keep almonds and Epic Chicken jerky in my purse.  My younger daughter had my almonds, but my hubby and I shared the apple (I ate the almond butter).  This definitely saved me from being ravenous!

Here's to day 9!

On 8/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

So is this a soup dish or a starchy side dish or??  it looks fine if it's just the ingredients that you've listed.

I don't understand the 'unsure of how much cooking is permitted' question, can you clarify?

What I mean by this , is W30 way calls for not making pancakes  and comfort food so how much of a dish can i put together.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, aug2017w30 said:

What I mean by this , is W30 way calls for not making pancakes  and comfort food so how much of a dish can i put together.

Oh!  The Whole30 doesn't stop you from having comfort food. My particular comfort food is scrambled eggs and blueberries on arugula with rice wine vinegar and olive oil.  Yes, you're not allowed to make pancakes and there's no recreating baked goods, but if you have say a stew recipe that you find particularly comforting and the original recipe calls for wine but you make it without, that's totally okay.  If the potato thing is something you would normally make and you don't use it for an emotional crutch, then go ahead with it.  If you feel like if someone told you that it was out for 30 days and a tantrum was incoming with emotional feelings of loss and stress because you couldn't eat this potato stew for 30 days, then that would be something you might want to look at as leaving off for your program but otherwise, potato stew it up!  Sounds good!  

Keep in mind with starches tho, that the recommendation is for a fist sized serving a day, more if you're particularly active, an athlete, a woman on or near her period or a person with mood disorders. 

aug2017w30 - I still have pain in my knees - mostly when I'm working out, but I attribute that to working out.  I'm hoping that as my W30 time goes on, it will mellow out, but am not expecting miracles.  It comes and goes and has ever since I did Insanity (killed my knees).  

As far as everything else - Day 11 and I woke up before my alarm today!  I will say, I have had no cramps, no backache, and don't feel as moody/short tempered as I usually do this time of the month - that's a huge win!

After my morning workout, I had a slice of W30 compliant deli turkey and a couple bites of leftover Crispy Swoodles; breakfast was an omelet with sauteed kale mix, avocado & tapatio, mixed berries and coffee with nutpod creamer.  For lunch, I am planning on grabbing some steamfresh veggies out of the freezer and pairing that with some leftover chili.  I'll probably do the same for dinner since we have another busy, overlapping kid activity night (and it's my hubby's bowling night).

On 8/22/2017 at 9:16 AM, Alex406 said:

Wanted to add, we've been use Aidele's Chicken Apple Sausage.  Also Whole30 compliant ingredients.  

I'm on Day 10 (just a day behind you all.)  Trucking along.  I don't see any point in which I would quit now.  I've survived a waterpark for 7.5 hours and we all stayed strong despite our friends enjoying soda, beer, french fries, etc.  Packed a cooler and headed to the car for lunch!  

I've kept up my food log if you want to go over there to read it, but wanted to share this recipe.  I was making this long before Whole30 and was so excited when I realized it was Whole30 compliant!  It is a crowd pleaser and it won't 2nd place in a chili contest!  LOL!  My kids cannot get enough either!  I don't make mine spicy and I cut the sweet potatoes more like half inch cubes.

https://www.savorylotus.com/paleo-sweet-potato-chili/

Finally going to try my Nutpod creamer in the morning!  

School starts Monday so things may get a little crazier.  But after school activities don't really start until the end of Whole30 so I should be able to handle it right to the end! 

Yesterday I wanted to kill everything and today my pants feel tighter.  Checking all the boxes!

superj5976 - Great job at that waterpark!  I get to go to back to back high school football games tonight (my daughter is a Varsity Cheerleader and they perform with the JV team at both JV and Varsity home games).  I am not looking forward to smelling the hotdogs, popcorn, etc. all night -  last year, I would typically have a hotdog for dinner at the JV game and hot chocolate to stay warm later a the Varsity game.   Easy and all proceeds went to the school.  Well, I can donate........NO hotdog or hot chocolate for me tonight.  Maybe I'll go by Starbucks and buy myself a large decaf coffee before I go and add my own coconut milk (unless I get to WF to get more Nutpod creamer - used the last of what I had this morning).

It looks like we have a few of us veterans. Woke up this morning feeling much better. Rottiegirl2017  

Thanks to your post I ventured out for a 3 miler yesterday and now today morning as well. Wohoo. 

BecomingBrroklyn Nutpod is nut based milk . U can order on amazon. Its somewhat similar taste as the unsweetened milk.  

I am hoping the trend continues.

Alright question, how do I reference you guys in my post without having the underline throughout after the post

Archived