Binging before start date

Scott W

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Scott W said:

Just curious if anyone did or is doing this.  I am really sold on doing this but it feels like my old life will be over so dig in.

Oh please don't do this!  Seriously, you're only torturing yourself by doing this!  The amount of suck you feel in the first week is directly related to how your diet was prior and if you go on a binge, that's going to haunt you... don't do it!

11 hours ago, Scott W said:

Just curious if anyone did or is doing this.  I am really sold on doing this but it feels like my old life will be over so dig in.

This is such a valid question, @Scott W. I think we can all relate to mourning the emotional connection we have to our various old habits, even ones we want to part ways with. I can understand wanting to have one last hurrah with food/drink, knowing big changes are coming, but yeah... it's pretty much voluntarily toxing up right before detoxing, and it'll be a more difficult transition if you binge. We're here to support you either way. When do you start? And what are your personal goals that inspired you to do Whole30?

I guess I can offer a further perspective - my old life IS over, and I am so friggin' glad.  I am enjoying how I am eating and I am healthier and happier.  Oh, I miss some things here and there, but there are so many foods I look forward to it is not bad at all.

I used to be in pretty good shape much of my life and then life took some difficult turns which created a lot of extra stress and the next thing you know I had really stopped working out.  I replaced this with getting rid of stress through eating poorly, have a few glasses of wine each night and then eating sweets.  I have a large frame and muscular build by honestly I need to lose at least 60 pounds. More importantly, I need to clean up my eating and start taking care of myself and feeling better.  I am very excited about this.

13 hours ago, Jim4884 said:

I guess I can offer a further perspective - my old life IS over, and I am so friggin' glad.  I am enjoying how I am eating and I am healthier and happier.  Oh, I miss some things here and there, but there are so many foods I look forward to it is not bad at all.

Thanks for the encouragement ... good to hear

Archived