Trying to decide when to start

jodeet

So I've been reading about The Whole 30 since 2012. This summer has been particularly difficult in terms of weight gain and inability to lose. I've been on and off low carb all summer. I turn 65 soon, and am an avid cyclist, but even cycling hasn't helped this summer.

So I reread the books, and a light bulb went off, so I think I'm ready to commit. But I have several multi day cycling trips coming up. I don't want to wait until October, when they will be over, so I'm thinking I'd better just jump in and let'r rip. 

Any thoughts, suggestions?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jodeet said:

So I've been reading about The Whole 30 since 2012. This summer has been particularly difficult in terms of weight gain and inability to lose. I've been on and off low carb all summer. I turn 65 soon, and am an avid cyclist, but even cycling hasn't helped this summer.

So I reread the books, and a light bulb went off, so I think I'm ready to commit. But I have several multi day cycling trips coming up. I don't want to wait until October, when they will be over, so I'm thinking I'd better just jump in and let'r rip. 

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Do it!  You can totally manage with the cycling trips I think!  There are loads of resources for people who camp/hike/travel during their program!  Google is the best way to search the forum so for instance 'whole30 camping food' or something.  Also take a look through the athlete's forum and see if there's anything there that helps!  And finally, just because we like to cover all our supportive bases, there's an Over 50 group that's reasonably active right now in this same section and they're some pretty nice people so you may enjoy chatting with them too!

Archived