Starting Monday, August 28

Tippydee

We went to Whole Foods to read ingredients to see what may be more convenient to buy and what may be better to make. Plus, after looking at Barefoot Provisions, we wanted to see if we had a backup plan if we order too late. We found one acceptable Epic stick. Not kidding. Publix has almost everything Whole Foods has. Maybe more choices but organic ghee is organic ghee. I will buy fish at WF though. We are preparing so we will not have excuses starting Monday. The biggest challenge for us is time. 

Me too, starting tomorrow! Excited and terrified at the same time. I may be experiencing some small problems with keeping the food interesting and versatile since many paleo- and whole30 friendly ingredients are hard to find here in Finland. But with that being said, meat is meat, eggs are eggs and veggies are veggies no matter where you are. And our forests are full of blueberries and lingonberries, so I think I'll manage and won't be bored to death. :lol:

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Suski said:

Me too, starting tomorrow! Excited and terrified at the same time. I may be experiencing some small problems with keeping the food interesting and versatile since many paleo- and whole30 friendly ingredients are hard to find here in Finland. But with that being said, meat is meat, eggs are eggs and veggies are veggies no matter where you are. And our forests are full of blueberries and lingonberries, so I think I'll manage and won't be bored to death. :lol:

You definitely don't need any of the 'specialty' ingredients like coconut aminos or fish sauce.... Here's a great recipe I just made that I bet you could find all the ingredients for - I haven't tasted it yet but it smells incredible in here!  You're on the right track with meat, veggies and fat... take a look at www.meljoulwan.com as well... many of her recipes are Whole30 and she uses pretty standard spices and ingredients in interesting ways that make REALLY good food.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228046/veracruz-style-red-snapper/

Hi all. I am starting again tomorrow :D

I did attempt a Whole 30 a couple of months ago, June I think. I lasted three weeks but had to stop due to health reasons. I am eager to get back to whole 30 as my body responded REALLY well. I lost 12lbs in those three weeks and felt great, so hoping for more of the same! 

I could do with some buddies to check-in with :rolleyes:  good luck all! 

Dawn. Xx

Hi all. Did find coconut amino at Whole Foods finally. Wasn't going to go back, but I am making the almond crusted sole (though I am using cod) tonight. I cooked all day yesterday. Made morning frittata muffins and chicken salad. Stuff like that. Portioned things out. The hardest thing for us to find in the end was dried fruit without sugar. Also, they put sulfites in sauerkraut. Really?! I got some organic canned- it doesn't have that. I made mayo. OMG I MADE MAYONNAISE!!! It tastes like mayo. It looks like mayo. I know that sounds silly but I was amazed. :) Good luck everyone... Let's stay strong!

Monday. With all the meal-prepping done and all pumped up with positive energy I ended up being 15 minutes late from work. And my lunch? Yeah. Kinda forgot to take it with me. I had some egg+ham muffins for breakfast, but there were still more than 9 hours to go. So I asked my friend from work if she could bring me a little lunch since she was coming later. I was getting a little frustrated and I'm sure she was getting too, when I turned down an offer after another, since everything seemed to contain some if not all the products from our no-go-list, from tomato-mascarpone-soup to some sort of ham that had BOTH gluten AND soy in it. It was soooo embarrassing, I would've never asked if we weren't so close. But I couldn't have been more happy with all the carrots, apples, strawberries and almonds I finally got. :D Now there's only few hours left to fight all the cravings that will try to crawl out after being hungry more than half of the day... :rolleyes:

I'm having burgers with salad and mayo or guacamole for dinner, and since I'm now forced to have some late night snack too, I'm having green chicken curry with broccoli and cauliflower. Yay! :wub:

Oh and there's this tiny chance for me being late from work because I got stuck photographing my breakfast.. :ph34r:

That's organic pork and organic free-range eggs with some chives.

eggmuffins.jpg.e2e9d8ca8ee433abddb71ba727c2a972.jpg

And here's my dinner; burgers are yesterday's leftovers (our burgers are always dairy-, gluten- and other nasty stuff free) with homemade guacamole and cucumber. Tasted way better than looks. Actually that guacamole looks like oatmeal, but I swear it is pure avocado with lime juice and compliant spices.

holymole.jpg.81094c62dc037f614925bac95cac632a.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, shillis said:

I'm starting this week too! Planning a shopping trip today for the essentials. Thanks for the insight on Whole Foods. I will start with my regular grocery - Wegmans - and see what i need from there. 

You should be able to find really good stuff at Wegmans! I have found Pederson's bacon and smoked kielbasa there (both on the expensive side, but the sausage is out of this world good and great to have for a quick meal when you just can't cook anymore). Some of their store brand chicken sausages are compliant as well - just make sure you read the labels :) 

Their produce and meat selection is also really high quality.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:31 AM, Tippydee said:

Hi all. Did find coconut amino at Whole Foods finally. Wasn't going to go back, but I am making the almond crusted sole (though I am using cod) tonight. I cooked all day yesterday. Made morning frittata muffins and chicken salad. Stuff like that. Portioned things out. The hardest thing for us to find in the end was dried fruit without sugar. Also, they put sulfites in sauerkraut. Really?! I got some organic canned- it doesn't have that. I made mayo. OMG I MADE MAYONNAISE!!! It tastes like mayo. It looks like mayo. I know that sounds silly but I was amazed. :) Good luck everyone... Let's stay strong!

@Tippydee I made mayo this weekend too! I was super impressed with myself and also wonder why I haven't been making it myself all along! I threw out all the old mayo cause I am making it myself forever!!

Archived