Potatos

Jenabean

• Moderators

Yes.

Potatoes of any kind, as well as other root vegetables like turnips, beets, and carrots, and winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash are starchy vegetables. Most people seem to do well with about a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetables each day. Some people, like those who are very active, who are prone to anxiety and depression, or women who are pregnant, nursing, or in the week or so leading up to their period, need a little more.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Jenabean said:

Can I have sweet potatos, white potatoes and red potatos ?? What about coconut oil?? Or olive oil to cooks with?

Shannon answered because she was available but I would strongly encourage you to read the rules and the recommendations. There's also a Can I Have list linked in my signature below that you can read. There are grocery lists, names of sneaky sugar lists, additives lists etc... all linked under downloads in my signature below.  Potatoes and coconut oil are not random items and I would strongly encourage you to educate yourself on the basics.

Jeez, this forum isn't like others I've been part of. I feel hesitant to personally ask questions based on some of these responses. I purchased book and I didn't see the answers to these questions and thought I could ask her on my own but I'll try and navigate this website and find the answer on my own. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Jenabean said:

Jeez, this forum isn't like others I've been part of. I feel hesitant to personally ask questions based on some of these responses. I purchased book and I didn't see the answers to these questions and thought I could ask her on my own but I'll try and navigate this website and find the answer on my own. 

The moderators are all volunteers here so we really encourage you to use the resources on the website to find the answers to the basics and if you're not able to find them, we're definitely willing to help.  What you CANNOT have is called out in the rules (which are also linked in my signature below). If the item is a meat, vegetable or fat and is not listed on the rules as out then it's in :)  

Archived