Roasted Chicken with Taters & Onions

JMSetzler

chickenveggies.thumb.jpg.1f42bf053b592868d21b6a6acf39f9b4.jpg

I fired up my grill this afternoon and went on a mission to prep some meals.  This dish is a very simple meal of bone-in chicken thighs with the skin removed on a bed of coarsely chopped red potatoes, onions, and some baby spinach at the end.  Here's what I did:

2 lbs red potatoes cut roughly (I think I cut each one into 8 pieces)

1 large yellow onion (cut off top and bottom and cut into 8ths and separated)

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary

1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper

Tossed all that together in a mixing bowl to coat the onions and potatoes with oil and seasonings...

I transferred this to my 13" round stoneware dish.  An oiled baking sheet or cake pan would have been better at keeping the potatoes from sticking...

I took the skin off six bone-in chicken thighs and placed them on top of the veggies... I seasoned the chicken with a mix of 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp paprika.

I put this on the grill at 425°F for about 30 minutes until the chicken was at 165 degrees internally.   I pulled the chicken off and put a handful of baby spinach over the top of the veggies.  I let that cook for about 10 minutes to wilt the spinach... i stirred it up and then put the chicken back on and let it cook another 5 minutes or so...

good stuff!

Archived