Snack ideas

Jenabean

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Jenabean said:

What do you snack on when hungry between meals ?? 

We really encourage people to compose their meals so they're able to get 4-5 hours between with no snacking.  if, in the beginning while you're figuring out your perfect plage, we would encourage you to eat two of the three macros at least (protein, fat, veggies) in a smaller portion as a mini meal... so you'd have maybe a hardboiled egg and some mayo or some leftover chicken salad and cucumbers.  We discourage eating fruit and nuts on their own or in combination.

I'm brand new at this.  Today was hard just because don't think I understood how to properly prep for day 1.  I just had two boiled eggs as a snack, even though we are not supposed to have snacks . I just figured protein was better than anything else.  I had some grilled salmon and steamed veggies for supper, but by 8:30 I was so hungry.  I will need to add a little more protein to my dinner from now on so I won't need an evening snack. It could be that I was also missing some of my fats for the day.  I was able to stick with the program today, although I've had a headache all day.  I don't think that is so unusual.  Good Luck! #29moretogo

19 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

We really encourage people to compose their meals so they're able to get 4-5 hours between with no snacking.  if, in the beginning while you're figuring out your perfect plage, we would encourage you to eat two of the three macros at least (protein, fat, veggies) in a smaller portion as a mini meal... so you'd have maybe a hardboiled egg and some mayo or some leftover chicken salad and cucumbers.  We discourage eating fruit and nuts on their own or in combination.

Can you tell me the amount or template for each meal? Protein has to be palm size? How much fruit can you have a day? I read the program in the Whole30 book but don't see the answers to these questions there. Am I portion controlling too? What about fats that everyone keeps mentioning? I appreciate any information you can give. Thx!

• Moderators

Here's the meal template. 1-2 palm-sized portions of protein, or if eggs are your only protein, as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand. Fruit you should try to limit to no more than two fist-sized servings a day, and you never have to have any. The fats are listed on the meal template, pick one or two in addition to whatever oil you cook in. 

Archived