Started September 1st

goatmaster

I started with my adult daughter and my husband on the 1st, too. I swear, the hardest part is the weird-tasting condiments. I'd give my eye teeth for some miracle whip and some Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. I've been making all kinds of condiments out of the book, but I've rendered more than one salad inedible. Man, some nice Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette...

just venting 

Started Sept 1 with my wife. Second go around - we did it in June. I love this !!! 

Away from the obvious weight loss .... the best part was  the lack of aches and pains on waking up. Big believer in this .... will do it 4x a year and when i am not doing it, will stick pretty close to the program. Good luck everyone !

So I started September 2nd, I wanted to make sure I had time to prep and have some meals ready so when I woke up it wasn't 'starve until you figure it out'.

I'm usually vegetarian but am compromising for the program and adding in fish. I really do want this to work. I already gave up alcohol months ago because thought it was making me feel like garbage, but I still wake up every morning feeling dehydrated and mildly hung over which has made me wonder if it was really the alcohol at all. I'm maintaining some doubts about the program, not sure it's going to be as amazing as everyone seems to say it is. This is day 5 for me, and, if nothing else I've learned a good method for soft boiling eggs!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cheese(less)Bat said:

I'm maintaining some doubts about the program, not sure it's going to be as amazing as everyone seems to say it is. 

Fair, not everything works for everyone. But at the absolute least amount of bang for your buck, you'll have eaten healthy, whole foods for 30 days and that's nothing to shake a stick at! Since what we think is what we believe which is what we can tend to manifest, could you set those doubts aside and instead just be curious about what results you may see? Instead of "I doubt this is as fantastic as everyone says it is", could you switch it to "I wonder if my morning hangover might reduce/vanish, looking forward to finding out".

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, ladyshanny said:

Fair, not everything works for everyone. But at the absolute least amount of bang for your buck, you'll have eaten healthy, whole foods for 30 days and that's nothing to shake a stick at! Since what we think is what we believe which is what we can tend to manifest, could you set those doubts aside and instead just be curious about what results you may see? Instead of "I doubt this is as fantastic as everyone says it is", could you switch it to "I wonder if my morning hangover might reduce/vanish, looking forward to finding out".

Ladyshanny,

How discouraging to discover upon my first post in this forum that if you express any doubts your post will be flagged by a moderator. I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by telling me that healthy doubts must be put aside and that I should phrase things more positively. Intention doesn't matter. The result is that my impression of the Whole30 community is now more cult and less culture. I believe doubts are healthy and that skepticism is reasonable. Telling me that my completely valid feelings of doubt are wrong was a major misstep. Also, for the record, I already eat healthy whole foods - your assumption that I don't was wrong. I'm day 15 today, I'll be finishing my whole30 because I made that commitment to myself, but I'll be doing it with a sour taste in my mouth because of your thoughtlessness. 

Archived