Reintroduction and Life After

SarahSun

ya makes sense, great work Sarah! 25 pounds that's awesome! I've lost about the same amount in the last 10 months total. It is really slow going but I'm ok with that. So the pictures are terrible but you inspired me to take a look. The first one is last halloween, the middle picture is August first, and the end picture was day 27. They aren't the best pictures to compare but I think they give you an idea! 

I've also not been having the best time with reintroduction. I made the mistake of giving in to a doughnut!! It was a gourmet fancy doughnut and I thought what the heck why not? It made me feel like total garbage all day. I immediately felt ill, I also got this crazy sugar rush, and later on I got the shakes! It was a terrible feeling and really messed up my day, and of course it was silly of me to mix sugar and gluten right off the bat. Soooo.. I'm going to give my self 3 compliant days to recover and then dip my toe back in a little more sensibly! I do find it harder now that it's over, and I'm having more of the internal debate with myself about justifying not so good food choices.

IMG_3102.PNG

@Alisha Alexander, You look amazing!!!!!! And I am totally with you...I've had numerous internal battles with myself since starting reintroduction. I caved on a few drinks of a pop earlier tonight (you know, that thing I swore I would never drink again) and I currently have the worst stomachache. I am actually really glad my stomach hurts because I don't want it to be enjoyable and tempting anymore! I think we both needed these experiences to remind ourselves of what we already know - that bad food is a liar...it promises happiness, but sneakily makes you an unhealthy, tired and sad person. That might be a little dramatic, but I can admit that I've actually had to learn that bad food is not my friend and does not make all my problems go away.

Whole30 eating is definitely what I'll be doing for the next couple of days. I wonder how many other people screw up their first couple of days of reintroduction and have to learn the hard way like us?

Sarah

P.S. You really do look so great!

How are things @SarahSun ? I've been doing ok. Still struggling a bit here and there, trying to find a groove of  what is a sustainable way of eating for me. I'm actually going to take a month to really get used to cutting out dairy because I'm still having a struggle with that, even though I know how terrible it makes me feel (and gives me acne). I had pizza with no cheese last night! It was actually still really good. What are you finding is the toughest for you? (and you too @Lunarose)

• 1 month later...

@Alisha Alexander, I am so sorry for the delay on my response! I am doing really well with certain aspects of post-Whole30 healthy eating, like not drinking pop (I used to drink 2-3 a day) or eating out multiples times a week (especially pasta), BUT I am definitely struggling in other areas!

I really wanted to reintroduce sugar in only "paleo" or "clean" ways and avoid all of the prepackaged stuff with high fructose corn syrup, etc. but my work load is so intense that I have done very little weekly prepping and cooking. And, of course, once I allowed myself to start eating sugar, I woke up the sugar dragon and started having something sugary everyday. It started off with just an ice-cream once or twice a week and then it turned into "needing" it everyday. The negative effects came in the form of massive energy loss in the middle of the day!

As of Friday, I decided to go on a 1-2 week sugar detox to turn my body back into a fat-burner instead of a sugar-burner, but now I have to start over because I caved last night and ate French Toast for dinner (which was not worth it and I regret it).

What about you...how are you doing?

Sarah

• 1 month later...

My re-intro plan is taking place over six weeks.  Last night at day 39, I bought a king-size FastBreak bar to try.  I did not have any sugar cravings or apprehension, just curiosity as to what candy would feel like after more than 40 days without.  It tasted GREAT!... but not great enough to crave more.  I only had room for a small salad for dinner after that.  In the morning, I woke so tired, sore, and hungover!  Certainly an experience to reference for the future!

Archived