Can "Tiger Blood" make you feel anxious/manic?

sduke

Hi folks!

So it's R1D12 for me (#septemberwhole30) and I'm having a weird day.

I got some news today that would normally kind of make me panic and shut down my emotions--the "freeze" response.

Instead I got blindsided by a "fight" response and rather than shutting down my emotions, they turned up to 11. My mind is racing a bit. It feels kind of manic, which is not something I'm used to.

Is this normal at all as we approach the "tiger blood" response? Is this something that will pass, or will I just need to learn to adjust to this?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for replying! Breakfast was turkey sausage and mashed sweet potato with almond butter, almond milk, and spices.

I ate less than I normally do (1 sausage instead of 2). This incident happened just before lunch. Maybe it was a hunger response? Hunger feels very different on this diet than on my old carb- and sugar-soaked diet.

Yeah, it sounds like more a hunger response to me. It's unlikely you're fully fat adapted as yet so there's probably a little hanger still mixed in there. Are you drinking plenty of fluids too, and salting your food?

ETA: I tend to find that people fair better when they hold their carbs back until later in the day as they're less likely to impact blood sugar - you may have been experiencing a little bit of a crash here too.

Hope this helps :)

Archived